Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neekersle0n Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Suspended from work
    I was suspended from work yesterday, my employer thought I clocked in using my supervisors password and they were wrong is that fair or not?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 08:53 AM
    No, it's not fair.

Is that your question?

Jun 28, 2013, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    No, it's not fair.

Is that your question?
    Can I call the labor board regarding this situation can I go that route?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 28, 2013, 09:24 AM
    Labor board? What country are you in?
    You really need to give us more details about the accusation too.
    Suspended without pay pending investigation, or for good, or with pay, or what?
    Why did they think you didn't sign in legitimately?

Jun 28, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Yes yesterday at 2:45 pm the HR Manger told me that I was suspended until further notice pending further investigation.
    I was suspended once before with out pay so I am sure this will also be without pay.
    As it turns out the only reason her name showed up next to the ip address from my cell phone was because apparently she must have went in & updated a punch , & anytime if she goes in & has to update a punch on my time card rather it be 10 times or 100 times her name will still show up.
    She said she tried convincing them to letting me go to work today but they told her no I needed to stay home and think about it, because I shouldn't be clocking in as I am walking into the building until I am actually at my desk & that the minutes added up. After they implemented a few months ago that we were now allowed to access paycom through our cell phones. I've been there six years and have never had any problems until this new HR Manager came aboard I fell like I am being picked on & they are trying to find any reason to fire me or suspend me so I will quit. I feel this is becoming a very hostile working environment for me.
    Not only that but they made my supervisor feel really bad, she told me that on Wednesday they made her feel really bad because they were hastling her about this situation they kept on questioning her about this and they thought she gave me her password. Come on now they were wrong all along they are making themselves look dumb, but trying to make it look like I was in the wrong. When my supervisor called me yesterday evening to tell me that I was not fired but suspended for today, she told me they used an example of this situation. There is a guy named John that goes in early every morning and according to them they said he comes in every morning uses the restroom, washes his hands and then clocks in come n now. You mean to tell me that if I go in cock in at my desk and oh I have to go to the restroom I am in the wrong because I clocked in first?

I am in Pima County
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 10:00 AM
    What State? Or did I miss that?

Jun 28, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Sorry Arizona
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:12 AM
    Fair or not doesn't really matter at this point. For the record though, no, I don't think it's fair.

Anyway, it seems to me like they are getting you now more for clocking in while you are not really ready to work... thereby "stealing" time from them. Is it wrong? Not really. Can you do anything about it? I doubt it. I would say though that if you go back, you should start being more careful about how and when you clock in. Unless you are union or some kind of special case, they don't really need to look for a reason to fire you.

I worked at a place that my starting time was 7am. The owner wanted us there at 6:50am and ready to work at exactly 7... you could clock in at 6:50 but if you did, you better be ready to push the button on the machine and be working. So essentially, he wanted us there 10 minutes early, for free, and if you came in any time after 6:50... even if it was before 7... you were still "late". Fair? No. Legal? I doubt it. The problem is... you need the job so what can you really do about it? No much.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:26 AM
    You got your supervisor in trouble by clocking in from your phone. You weren't working yet.
    I think you are being a little too cavalier about this.
    Clock in from your computer.
    You didn't get fired the last time but that doesn't mean anything.

They should drop the phone ability. Sounds problematic when clocking out too. They probably don't know what's really happening in the software yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suspended from work for a charge of child neglect 2, can I still work? [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged with a citation for this but not arrested or convicted. I'm being offered pre trial diversion but I need to know if I will be able to return to work during this. My work has done a background check which came back 'denied' even though I'm not convicted of anything yet. I've been worki...

Wrongfully Suspended from work [ 3 Answers ]

I work in a place where there are always students around learning the job. I was being goofy with one of them one afternoon and I tossed her book on the floor. We were both laughing, there was nothing that lead me to believe she did not think it was funny. Well, another cooworker went and told on...

Suspended Licence + Work + Probation [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I know this is going to sound dumb but I really need a "honest" and "helpful" answer. When I was 18 (Roughly 10 months ago) I stole a car and I didn't have my licence at all and I got caught during the act, yes I know it was a VERY VERY bad decision of me to do so but I really need help. I...

Suspended at work [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if I have a lawsuit case for the following. I was recently suspended for insabordination from 2008. I work at a bank and I was asked back in 2008 to put locks on all teller cash boxes in which another employee was going to help me with time past on and I forgot all about...

Suspended from work [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there. I av been suspended from work pending further enquireis as I av been accused of theft from the company I work with. They showed me a pile of receipts and said that I have been signing the reciepts and making faulse addresses as the transaction numbers are false and that they...

View more questions Search