Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blockh3ad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2013, 04:52 AM
    Infection on scalp
    Hello I have started with hair fall treatment and the doctor had suggested me to use tugain and grocapix.. and I used it for around 9 months.. during first 8 months I din have any prob with it.. but now I got fungus on my forehead and my scalp itches.. should I cont with it or no??
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 28, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Fungus on your forehead? Stop using it until you find out what the cause is. You can suddenly develop a sensitivity or allergy to chemicals and many other things. Call your doctor. He should be able to advise even over the phone for now. You may want to see him naturally so he can look at it. He may give you something for the itching and possible infection if needed. Let him be the judge of that of course but don't wait and don't play around with it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 09:14 AM
    I very much doubt you have developed a fungus. A rash, perhaps. Why do you think it's a fungus?

Here's the info directly from the Rogaine site:

“If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop using minoxidil topical (the active ingredient contained in Rogaine) and seek emergency medical attention: an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives); chest pain; irregular or very fast heartbeats; dizziness or lightheadedness; or
    fainting.

Continue to use minoxidil topical and talk to your doctor when it is convenient if you experience
    itching, redness, dryness, or flaking of the scalp;”

Rogaine Side Effects | Drugs.com

This is a subject "we" covered in a Pharmaceutical training course. A rash/irritation after several months is NOT uncommon. You can also ask your Pharmacist.
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
    You must see your doctor at once.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2013, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clairemsmith View Post
    You must see your doctor at once.
    Why ?

What life threatening side effect is this ?

Yes they need to see the doctor, but why :at once"

At once seems to apply even go to the ER, to rush for service

It sounds fairly obvioius they are not aware of the problem, and need to go back. I guess I would ask, how many times in all these months have they returned for follow up
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2013, 11:30 PM
    Oh my, I certainly did not intend to create alarm. I do apologize. I simply saw that someone was having a "fungus and itching" and was concerned that it could be a possible allergic reaction. This *can* be serious. I hope everything is all right with the OP. It would be good to consult with a doctor as soon as possible if the problem persists, in my opinion :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Oh my, I certainly did not intend to create alarm. I do apologize. I simply saw that someone was having a "fungus and itching" and was concerned that it could be a possible allergic reaction. This *can* be serious. I hope everything is all right with the OP. It would be good to consult with a doctor as soon as possible if the problem persists, in my opinion "

You did read what I posted, a direct quote from the manufacturer, right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gel or crème for itchy scalp for black person with hair cut almost to scalp [ 0 Answers ]

Medication for itchy scalp had been mentioned but I did not get the name of it but the cost was about 14.95. My friend it Black and has a constant itchy scalp/ she would appreciate any help. Thank you, MG

The scalp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad fungui infection on my head and no its not danruf or lice and I can't make it go away I'm 19 yrs old and I don't want to shave my head just to make it go away help!!

Scalp infection [ 1 Answers ]

For some reason I have this huge painful bump in the top of my head and its filled with puss and its taking my hair out, do I have psoriasis or is it just a regular scalp infection like acne?:confused:

View more questions Search