Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Jul 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
    When the time is right for you, it will happen. Don't take it personally. I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 21. And I was always the cute, outgoing, smart girl. I would get down about it a lot too, but just have fun you're only 16! In ten years from now you will look back and realize it's not that big of a deal. Don't rush into anything that isn't happening naturally for you. When it's meant to be, it will happen.
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Jul 12, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmer0714
    I'm a 16 year old girl and i have never been kissed or asked out and it is makin me feel as if i am not normal. I don't get it im pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but i am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. Whats wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.
    Well maybe u just need to get to know the guys before they ask you out
    So they can get to know you
    coolgirl_2008 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jul 17, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Honey, I am a year older than you and I am with my first boyfriend I have ever had. We have been together 9 months and it was my first. Don't worry, you will meet that special first love when the time is right. For both of you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 08:57 AM
    I am guessing OP has not been back since Mar 24, 2007, 08:12 PM
    She may be a yr and 4 months older and out kissing on a guy by now.
    lulubre Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 01:44 AM
    I'm a 16 year old girl and i have never been kissed or asked out and it is makin me feel as if i am not normal. I don't get it im pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but i am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. Whats wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.
    Just because you haven't been asked out or kissed doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. I'm sixteen as well, and I've never been kisssed. Like you, I'm pretty, nice, smart, and fun. I have had three boyfriends, but my longest one was a month and all three of them were mistakes. What you need to do first is feel better about yourself, then guys will notice your confidence. Trust me. There's no shortcut.
    haha1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 07:24 PM
    :) I know exactly what your talking about! I have the same thing going on. I mean, (judging by your screenname thing) we are both athletic(im a runner), we know we are attractive, and fun, but shy. OMG I can tlk really easily to guys I'm not intrested in, but I get sooo nervous around guys I like, I can barely tlk to them. I can't understand what is going on either. Just so you know, Ive never had my first kiss(unless you count when I was 7, which I wouldn't count) or a boyfriend!
    streetkid Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Lol I'm exactly like u except I'm a guy :S
    AllisonKing Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Well let me just put it this way... there is nothing wrong with you! Most guys your age are only looking for easy girls. You explained yourself as being smart and pretty, which is really great! But for guys this means commitment and actually trying. They really, really do not want any of the seriousness you would want from a relationship so they are scared to approach you, they much rather get with a girl that is not as smart and pretty and get what they need from her (aka sex).
    So before you freak out get depressed, change your name to Candy and start hiking your skirt up to your bellybutton, ask yourself this: Would I want to jeapordize my dignity to get with someone who will only use me for sexual needs? I hope your answer is NO.
    Truth be told... I was like you at 16 I had never dated anyone and only kissed one guy when we played Truth or Dare in camp. Now I am 23, graduating from medical school in 2 years and already married to the most amazing man (who I met when I graduated from high school at the after party). Your life doesn't have to end up like mine, but I guarantee you that in the next few years if not sooner you will find someone who actually cares about you.
    So keep your head up, goals high and smile. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    :) Hope this helps!
    danteje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Don't feel bad, I'm an 18 year old boy who never kissed a girl or gone out with one. If you think of it its almost like we're the same. When you find someone you like, you'll know it. The hard part is talking to them and telling them that you like them.
    katringette22 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 10:52 AM

Danteje your right its so hard to tell them how you feel
    Ryan907 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 11:16 PM

I think there is nothing wrong with you... just wait for your time... Like I know girls having their first kiss at 12 and girls having theirs at 18 it just depends on the guys you hang out with o.O Being shy is also hard because I'm 13 and I'm REALLY shy around the girls I like but I can never get up the nerve to ask them out. Like for instance I was going to ask this girl out but all my friends who had before got slapped -hard- so I was really scared.. Maybe all the guys who like you are shy as I am o.O HOPE THIS HELPS =) psst read my question =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend kissed a girl! [ 18 Answers ]

:eek: I have been with my girlfriend for four years. I am 27 and she is 24. Never in that time has she shown any indications that she wanted to kiss another girl or view other females in a sexual fashion. Also, in 4 years neither of us have cheated and we trust each other completely. She got...

Motivating a 7 year old girl? [ 14 Answers ]

Need Advice for motivating a 7 year old girl?? Background: My 7 year old daughter attends a private Christian school and is in the 1st grade. She also takes private singing and piano lessons on Monday evening, group singing on Tuesday evening, and art class after school on Thursday. She is...

11 year old debt suddenly asked to pay [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old debt from an old $3100 credit card account. All of a sudden I get letters threatening me to pay. Verbiage like if you do not respond you will be held in contempt and incarcerated. I live in New Jersey and thought that after 6 years they can't do this any more and the debt is...

Kissed a drunk girl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I kind of have a problem. I was the DD for my friends party last weekend. Everyone, well, but me was drinking. Some girls came over, and we danced and had fun for hours. I was dancing and went over to some girls. A really cute girl I hadn't seen for a long time kissed me and we danced....

Girl kissed another guy when she was drunk [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 19 yr old male and I have been kind of seeing a woman I met at work. By kind of seeing I mean we kiss a little and cuddle no sex or anything serious. We both like each other but aren't sure if we want a relationship. Well last weekend we went to a party and she drank too much and kissed her...

View more questions Search