Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaynell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2013, 05:25 AM
    I have a 6 week old puppy is it OK to feed moist and meaty food
    I have a 6 week old puppy is it OK to feed it moist and meaty food by prurnia
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 27, 2013, 05:37 AM
    I am not a fan of Purina brand nor of any canned dog food.
    You definitely need puppy food, and make sure it's small size bits.
    I'd suggest IAMS if you have to buy food at a grocery store, and mix in a tiny bit of hamburger or chicken and leftover fresh cooked veggies (no onions), and an occasional cooked egg (or uncooked egg yolk, just no uncooked egg white).
    If you can get to a pet store, check out some of the more expensive kibbles. They are worth the added cost, because cheap ones contain undigestible fillers, for one thing. That means they have to eat more, AND a lot more poop.
    Dogs need kibble. They don't need wet food for several reasons. They like it, but make sure they get mostly kibble.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 27, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Why do you have such a young pup? If you know for sure he is fully weaned, I would find a puppy chow of your preferred brand, and Joy is right, Purina isn't the best, but neither is any commercial food. I would mix a bit of the soft food with the hard puppy kibble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best food to feed a puppy recovering from parvo? [ 18 Answers ]

I adopted the most precious pup I have ever had from the local dog shelter. Of course she was amazing the first week then she got real sick. We took her to the vet to find she had a positive reading for Parvovirus. I almost gave up considering how much treatment costs but luckily I had a very good...

What & how much food can we feed our recovering puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

In the morning my dog wakes up & excited to see me & starts sniffing for food. I feed her maybe half a cup every 15 minutes & after force her pedialyt. I don't know if this is wrong but I have been feeding her every 15mins till she gets full. A couple hours later she looks too sad. What can I do?

What can I feed my 2 week old puppy [ 1 Answers ]

So I just got a 2 week old puppy from a friend olny because the mother would not let her feed no more,. so I gave her formula and milk and ever since I did that she has been getting sick

Feed a puppy dog food [ 1 Answers ]

I am feeding my 6 month old puppy regular dog food will this hurt him??

How much do I feed an 8 week old puppy in a crate? [ 1 Answers ]

Im getting an eight week old puppy that's perfect for our lifestyle.I have decided on using the crate method but how many times a day do I feed the puppy?And what do I feed it so it doesn't have problems?

View more questions Search