Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handymanJ Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
    What kind of sealant do you use on a plastic sink
    Please can someone help me, I need to know what sort of sealer do you normally use on a plastic sink pee trap compression fitting?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 11:03 PM
    The seal should be a beveled fitting or washer. Some use pipe dope on the bevel.
    As tom said, no sealant is needed and in fact is against code, but I don't know many plumbers that don't use something on the bevel.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 25, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by handymanJ
    please can someone help me, I need to know what sort of sealer do you normally use on a plastic sink pee trap compression fitting?

As a rule no sealant's needed on a compression fitting if the joints line up.
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New bathroom sink backs up halfway, quickly drains, repeat.. no overflow in this sink [ 2 Answers ]

I just very proudly finished installing our new second floor bathroom sink drains. Two different vanities, two different walls. I ran the water steadily in both of them for 10 minutes. One works fine. The other backs up about halfway up the bowl, then suddenly quickly drains everything and...

Copper into plastic [ 2 Answers ]

Hi iwas replacing my floor because it was rotting when I was cutting some of it up I got into my copper supply line for the shower how can I tie into it with plastic because my soldering job turned out to be a big waste of time. Thank you for your help

How Do You Remove Sealant From A Tub... [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a house and decided to remove the sliding glass shower doors from the tub frame (non-ceramic, plasticky type). After we removed the hardware and tracks we noticed long lines of clear sealant that will not pull off. I am afraid of using a widget or any type of razor...

Teflon tape or caulk/sealant? [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing the broken top section of a threaded Jones Stephens shower drain. The old section had plumbers putty used as a thread sealant on the PVC threads. The putty manufacturer says not to use it on plastic. Should I use teflon tape or a caulk/sealant (DAP KwidSeal for showers)?

View more questions Search