Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nethajij Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 08:05 PM
    No credit. Need suggestions for selecting a credit card with low APR
    Hai,

I don't possess a credit card till now. I am planning to buy a car by applying loan. My friends advised me that if I pay my loan premium using a credit card, it would help building my credit history. They also told me to look for 0% APR (any such offer for the first year) or less APR to reduce the interest. Could anyone please tell me which credit card can I apply? Just looking for some recommendations for genuine companies.

Thanks for your time!
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Your friends are idiots.

I shouldn't say that I general, but on this point, they are giving you BAD advice.

Do NOT get into debt.

Credit Card debt is one of the WORSE kinds of debt you can have.

Paying you premium every month (in cash), will HELP your credit rating.

Don't even go down that route with a credit card. Live within your means.

You will pay 1 loan with another? Very silly idea.
    jaynen76 Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

Mar 25, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Credit card debt is not the "worst" kind of debt that you can have, but it can be very troubling if you do not manage it well. "Consumer debt" as a whole, is the worst kind of debt you can have, regardless of the particular medium; you can actually have good credit card debt, depending on what the purchases were used for.

In any event, it seems like you have friends who are willing to help you, so what I would first suggest is asking one of them to help you improve your credit rating, THEN go apply for a credit card. Now, again, depending on what you're using these cards for, my recommendation for a company would vary. Capital One is pretty good with approval rates and also credit limit increases, but if you're only looking for a card to get your score up, I would opt for an AMEX business. Again, AFTER asking a couple friends for their help in getting your FICO up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? [ 20 Answers ]

Which Is Better Debit Card Or Credit Card? We increase our Debts like any thing when we have Credit Card because we spend /buy the goods with free hand / shopping habits, in this case will it not be a better to keep a debit card instead of a credit card? :confused: What are your views on...

Credit card suing me. [ 2 Answers ]

I was served I did not sign for it, if I don't show up and keep Having to deal with them after me, am I going to Jail? For not Showing up? I can not pay at all, not 10/20 per week How much is reasonable payment ? To tried to settle out of court? If I go to court will I loose my car? ...

Credit card nightmare [ 6 Answers ]

I opened a credit card with my boyfriend. Since he had no credit, they put my name as primary on the account. We were hoping to build him some credit. As the years went by, we broke up. He is now refusing to pay for the charges he made on the account. Can he just walk away ? Am I solely...

Credit card [ 2 Answers ]

Why would a credit card company offer to take a settlement of $4,700 on a debt of $29,000?

I Need Credit Card [ 2 Answers ]

I Need Credit Card To Purchase Some Books

View more questions Search