Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sahazada Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 04:44 AM
    Is it sinful marrying a Hindu girl?
    Assalwalekum

I am writing to you,because I am in a great dilemma or confusion.I am a sunni muslim boyl and I am in love with a Hindu choudhary girl.I want to marry her.But my parents and other relatives are objecting.They say its very sinful marrying a hindu girl.Allah will punish you and you will not be happy since you will face many problems at the society front.
    I care a damn about the society,I am just worried about my parents... I just want them to accept me.If I want to be confident enough(proofs),to convince them.My parents keep blackmailing me that,we have done so much for you,how can you even think of this thing... what about our respect in the society and all.My father says if you marry against our wish we will die... I am really in a very painful situation.

I want you to help me in this.Please tell me is it sinful marrying a Hindu girl?According to the documents which are present in your site www.irf.net, what I have understood that actually Hinduism does not support idol worship and its part of Islam... Its the people who are following it in a wrong way... This girl also wants to accept the islam religion... she is just a Hindu by name... she says I can continue with my worship... she doesn't mind... she doesn't mind If she wear burqa also... she is a very nice girl from heart... she is a very kind,honest and believes more in actions than just praying... she says you do hardwork and you get it... she also says that Islam is a peaceful religion... So please tell me can I marry her?Will Allah punish me if I marry her?If I can marry her,Please tell me how can I convince my parents?
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2013, 06:19 AM
    First of all yes it is against islam to marry idol worshipper, hindu or anybody else. Second who ever told you that idol worshipping is not part of hindu culture is utterly lie. Idol worship is the most ancient hindu rituals, right from vedas. The shiv linga worship is from of idol worship mentioned in the all ancient text of hindus and there are many other such examples. Second thing is it seems that the girl is very giving in this relationship and your parents or relatives still not ready to accept her. This will create more issues for you in future. Also marrying a someone from other religion will not consider as marriage but as zina or sin. Your parents seems to be headstrong and if you ready to sacrifice them, then go ahead. But I would suggest do not marry because in islam thing will get really complicated for all of you.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2013, 02:04 PM
    Hello Sahazada,

You parents are corrct about this, if the girl is welling to conert to islam and you get your parent approval then you can marry her, for more in formation please open the link below, good luck.

Can a Muslim Man Marry a Hindu Woman? 

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hindu girl marrying Christian boy? [ 5 Answers ]

I love a Christian boy who is already married but his wife and him both deserted each other and both are not happy with each other. We loved each other before his marriage but his parent forced him to marry a Christian but both are not blessed with happy married life. I am not a cause of their...

Is it necessary to convert religion if hindu girl marrying christian boy [ 6 Answers ]

I am a hindu girl and I want to marry Protestant Christian boy. To marry him is to compulsory to convert to christianity? Or we can follow our own faith?

Hindu girl marrying christian boy [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me how can I marry my girl? The problem is that she is hindu.and am a christian guy..

Hindu girl is marrying to christian guy? [ 4 Answers ]

A couple got registered marriage and after 10days the guys parents wants to do the proper marriage formality in church.I would like to know whether this registered marriage will create any impact for the church marriage formalities? Please let me know your suggestions..

Marrying a hindu girl [ 2 Answers ]

Can a muslim Boy marry a Hindu Girl?

View more questions Search