Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaafarsb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 03:05 AM
    Fasting
    Hello doctors, I have a question about the Islamic fasting which is fasting from sunrise to sunset in summer time, is it good or what? I searched allot on the internet but found many contradictions, so please I want to know is it beneficial or bad? In addition I read on this site that Islamic fasting have Adverse Effects and I can't deny it since it is supported with facts and reference "http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Adverse_Effects_of_Islamic_Fasting"
    Thanks allot
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2013, 06:31 AM
    These fasting during ramzan or in summer sunrise to sunset is very hard religious practise. A normal healthy person will also find it difficult, so there are many issues for diabetic,bp or other patients. In summer time body needs hydration and fasting might cause problems. It can also increase acidity. If you wish to fast then have one meal t(lunch or dinner) and fast for the rest. The practice started in islam hundreds of years back to get adjust and survive in harsh life of desert.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fasting [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamualaykum, Am a paraplegic for last 4.5 years. Can I do fasting cause I has to drink water in every 3 hours. If not what should I do instead of that. MANZOOR

Fasting [ 1 Answers ]

What age did allah compell his belivers to fast?

Fasting [ 7 Answers ]

Has anybody here have any experience in Fasting? What is taught about Fasting. Thank you in advance. Joe

Fasting [ 4 Answers ]

Is fasting an important part of healthy living. Reports are showing that tests on animals where there food intake, calories cut in half. A Sparce diet Actually gave more energy, more health then somebody with full diet intake. What is your take on this?

View more questions Search