Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnlf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 11:16 PM
    Should I be Jealous or am I being paranoid?
    My husband works with another women, normally this would not bother me as I am very secure in our relationship. But, he has mention numerous times that she is very attractive and a sweetheart, also that every other guy thinks she is as well. Also we have been in situations with his other coworkers where they have mentioned that she doesn't know what she is doing but because her breast are nice to look at, no one says anything. I completely trust my husband but feel at times he is purposefully trying to make me jealous with the comments that he makes. They recently went on a work trip and he stated that him, her and two others were going to hang out in one of their hotel rooms to have drinks. I spoke to him later that night to let him know that I thought it was inappropriate and he got defensive. While I was speaking with him his phone was blowing up with text messages. He stated that it was one of the guys trying to find out where he disappeared too. I checked the phone bill, which I never do, and she was one of the ones that also texted. I don't think I need to worry, I just think that he is making inappropriate comments and choices. Any suggestions?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 11:44 PM
    Perhaps he is trying to make you jealous a little. While it is sort of Jr High, some people, do that, if they feel the other person is not giving them enough attention. Also of course some men are just stupid and do not realise what they are doing
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
    That is inappropriate and I would imagine the company he works for would frown on that. Could be he trying to make you jealous although that is pretty childish, or he is playing with fire. I would in a calm way voice my concerns with him.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 26, 2013, 09:49 AM
    Unless you see signs of anything 'happening,' I would be glad that he is so open with you about it. Very, very glad. And even more glad because all the guys find her attractive (and dumb, presumably).
    I think I would avoid the word 'inappropriate' when calling him at work or at a work related event. It sounds a little too motherly or teacherly. And save your words for when he's home.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2013, 10:25 AM
    Paranoid, I don't think so but be alert.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 11:18 AM
    I think you are a little less secure in your marriage than you thought and it is throwing you for a loop. I think you are taking this a bit too personally.

I don't think he means to compare you to her or to make you jealous. I think he is talking to you and telling you what he is thinking like some well-established couples do. To him, it may be no different than talking about a new desk or any of his other co-workers.

I think the feelings you describe are more about how you feel about yourself and your marriage. Do you feel attractive and beautiful? Are you concerned that your marriage may be starting to stagnate? Are you both taking each other granted and not putting as much effort into the relationship as you did in the beginning?

The hotel room is a boundary that should have been discussed before he left. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it since it wasn't just him and her. It was a group.

Looking at the phone bill to see who was texting him was crossing a boundary line. I notice that you focused on her text and ignore that she wasn't the only one. Were you equally concerned about his male co-workers texting him? Why not when they were all supposed together?

It may be time to sit down and talk with husband. Share your thoughts and feelings, but remember to listen to his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm extremely jealous, and paranoid, and I need help! [ 2 Answers ]

I was with my boyfriend for 3 1/2 years. The relationship was always rocky. We started dating and he was always real jealous and controlling. He was my world and my everything. I had 1 boyfriend previous to him for 8 yrs. 6 months later after that break up I got with my new boyfriend. There was...

Why am I so paranoid and jealous? [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been dating this guy for about 2 months and were getting to know each other really well. We've met each other family and we both have intentions of a long term relationship. He is honestly the best boyfriend that I've ever had. He's so kind and makes me feel protected and special. Unlike my...

Overly Jealous and Paranoid Boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I've got a situation on my hands and would love some feedback (in fact, I'm in desperate need of it right now!) My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 1.5 years, and we also live together. Toward the beginning of our relationship, I made a stupid decision: I had a coffee...

Why am I so paranoid and jealous! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not going to tell you I'm not generally the jealous type because that would be a lie, but I can say that I normally have my jealousy under control. I'm dating a guy who doesn't think like other guys (at least not the guys I normally meet) he loves me and just me. He isn't attracted to other...

Am I jealous?I don't know if I'm being paranoid [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 24 and my boyfriend 26 we are together a year and a half,my problem my boyfriend is always looking at the girls women.. we go for a drink an the whole time like this and then when with his friends there are little comments , I've never been very jealous I think but now I don't know if every...

View more questions Search