Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trash55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 03:46 PM
    What kind of bugs look like specs of pepper that are in a sink?
    The past TWO summers I have had a problem with these little specs of what I call pepper.They DO jump when I try to kill them. And when I am successful at killing them, the color is a reddish brown. For the most part they have been primarily in my kitchen sink, on occasion I have found them in my upstairs jetted tub and yesterday I found them in my downstairs bathroom. My pest Control company said they were spider mites and treated the sinks and tub-however they are back and with a vengeance! I trapped a couple live and some I killed with a piece of clear tape-Pest Control took it to our University entomology department, but they said it was too small to identify. I have tried bleach-ammonia-hot soapy water with lemon-NOTHING works! I have NO live plants in my home. We live on a lake in Utah-just today I was doing some yard work-pulling weeds and there they were! All over our rock beds.. I am frustrated and quite frankly can't understand what they are and what to do.. any help please?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 04:20 PM
    The only way a University Entomologist would say that a sample is too small to identify would be if there were too few specimens to get a clear view of top, bottom, and sides in their microscope.

Pest control technicians have been known to lose portions of a sample, either inadvertently through taking too long to get it to the Entomologist (where the samples start to deteriorate) or negligently letting live specimens escape.

Since you seem to have found a "mother lode," gather a large sample and take it directly to the University. That way the only delays in identification are in the lab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible bugs in couch what could it be,they bite but we don't see any bugs [ 3 Answers ]

For about 6months the kids have been getting bit well they are on couch,never see any bugs,they don't even know they have been biten into they start itching,what coud it be,I have tried lots of different things to get rid of them nothings working.

What kind of kitchen sink is required for a garbage disposal? [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in 1955. It has a double stainless steel kitchen sink, both drains have drain screens atached to the botom of the sink that cannot be detached or opened to alow for a garbage disposal opening, what can be done? Will I have to replace the entire sink?

Kitchen sink bugs unseen except for what is left behind [ 2 Answers ]

I live in so.california,over the past few days I have noticed what looks like sawdust being pushed out from around my kitchen sink molding .I wipe it down only to return later and find it again ,my question is what bug either has droppings like sawdust or would be pushing sawdust looking stuff out...

Too much pepper [ 8 Answers ]

I put too much white pepper in my pea soup. Can I add something to make it taste less peppery?

What kind of sealant do you use on a plastic sink [ 2 Answers ]

Please can someone help me, I need to know what sort of sealer do you normally use on a plastic sink pee trap compression fitting?

View more questions Search