Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    129myssy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Headache of massive intensity
    I have a severe headache and have tried alleve, ice packs and sleep.. it is not improving and I have swelling (slight) on both sides of my forehead. I am a diabetic 44 yr old female allergy sufferer without medical coverage. I do not want to go to the hospital if it can be avoided. Should I worry? Is there any other options I can try to alleviate this headache? Please help!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 25, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Caffeine, sleep and Excedrine help me.

In all honesty though, if it's as intense as you describe and with your other medical issues, you might be wise to at least call a doctor for advice. How long have you had intense pain? Are you familiar with migraines versus a "normal" headache?

Headaches are difficult to diagnose because there are many "triggers" and types, but if it can be described as the "worst head pain you've ever felt" and lasts several hours, go the urgent care ASAP.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2013, 06:40 AM
    Even if you don't wish to see doctor you should check bp and sugar levels.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 03:19 PM
    Headaches are usually a sign of something wrong couple that with slight swelling its not something to wait on. At least see a doctor to get some diagnosis. Its easier to figure out what to do when you know the root of the problem
    NobleHospital Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 02:59 AM
    There are many different treatments for tension headaches, which respond well to both medication and massage. If these headaches become chronic, however, they are best treated by identifying the source of tension and stress and reducing or eliminating it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2014, 03:17 AM
    While, I may not say the hospital, but a visit to your doctor, about this, is needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Physics:Intensity [ 2 Answers ]

17.Two sources have sound levels of 75 dB and 80 dB. If they are sounding simultaneously, what is the combined sound level ? Ans:81.2 db How am I supposed to this? What is the formula.I really don't know.Can someone show me the solution.The given answer is 81.2 db.Thanks

Intensity of sound waves [ 2 Answers ]

Could some one please tell me the relation between the intensity of a sound wave and its frequency and amplitude?

Luminous intensity [ 1 Answers ]

Is luminous intensity also basic quanties?

Fever,Massive Headache,Sweats [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has had heachaches for about 6 weeks and is experiencing muscle ache and flu like . He now feels slightly better but the headaches persist and he is always running a fever off and on. He sometimes feels sluggish and loses train of thought. They did a spinal tap and CT scan and MRI and...

View more questions Search