Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmileyRedhead Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Need a character's name
    Hello! I'm writing a story and its anime (So please, no American, mainstream, traditional names) and I was having trouble naming the one of the main characters. He is a pretty pessimistic guy, mysterious, but extraordinarily smart. He is also super... How should I say this... Mean. He freaking mean. Though he is very driven, and very, veeerrry handsome, therefore, quite the ladies man. He is only so negative due to the part that his elder brother plays. The main character is jealous of his sibling... For... More reasons than one...

P.S: I might be writing another one of these for another one of my characters if you like answering questions like this... Only saying this because I know I do

Help??
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 25, 2013, 11:35 AM
    I'm not super familiar with Anime, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe you can at least get inspiration from one of these:

Lynx, Linus/Linux, Merrick, Blayde, Zephyr, Uriah, Boris, Kai, Orion, Phoenix, Loki, Louden, Zeus, Nico, Jax, Simeon, Xan
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 11:45 AM
    OROCHI = Japanese name meaning "big snake." In mythology,an eight-forked serpent who demanded virgin sacrifices. He was killed by the god-hero Susanoo.

Jun 25, 2013, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo View Post
    I'm not super familiar with Anime, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe you can at least get inspiration from one of these:

Lynx, Linus/Linux, Merrick, Blayde, Zephyr, Uriah, Boris, Kai, Orion, Phoenix, Loki, Louden, Zeus, Nico, Jax, Simeon, Xan
    Thanks for giving a try! But to make you feel better, I'm not that great with anime either but just so you know anime is somewhat and usually based on the japanese culture.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 01:46 PM
    How old are you?

I ask for a reason...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Ok, perhaps I scared you off by asking that... maybe you thought I was looking to poke you or something.

Anyway, I asked because I was going to recommend a film for you but, not knowing your age, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

I love film... One of my guilty pleasures are B movies and from there I have gone a step further into Asian film. No, they aren't Anime but they are somewhat bizarre in many cases.

So, there is a film that I watched a few years ago, a Japanese action/slasher with some incredibly mean characters in it. You should be able to get some decent names from here.

Ichi, the Killer

Jun 26, 2013, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Ok, perhaps I scared you off by asking that....maybe you thought I was looking to poke you or something.

Anyway, I asked because I was going to recommend a film for you but, not knowing your age, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

I love film...One of my guilty pleasures are B movies and from there I have gone a step further into Asian film. No, they aren't Anime but they are somewhat bizarre in many cases.

So, there is a film that I watched a few years ago, a Japanese action/slasher with some incredibly mean characters in it. You should be able to get some decent names from here.

Ichi, the Killer
    Hahaha! It did strike me as bizarre and so I hadn't planned on answering it but now that I know why you're asking it, I'm happy to tell you that I am an adult. Teehee!
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 26, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Kutil literally means wickedly smart, mean, clever.

Jun 27, 2013, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smkanand View Post
    kutil literally means wickedly smart, mean, clever.
    I love it! Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Character name? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to think of a name for a character in a story I'm writing... This girl is around 17 years old, has smooth dark hair, about 170 cm tall (5 foot 7?), and is half-elf. She's quite pretty. She's... I guess she's half Caucasian, half Asian, if you want to specify, but I don't intend on...

Name of the Character [ 5 Answers ]

Im trying to figure out the name of this character in an old kids show... the character had a cowlick type hairdo lol with black hair I believe his name starts with a P...

Need a name for a character [ 12 Answers ]

If anyone can help please help soon! I'm writing a script and I need a character name. She's a young girl around 15/16. Very pretty. She is very passionate and is ignorant of her extreme power. She is witty and full of fire....I was thinking something like Shea, or Kyri but they seemed to plain...

How do I get this character [ 16 Answers ]

Its like a 1 but with the line at the top pointing horizontally left Or Rotate an L by 180 degrees and it looks like that

What's the name of this Character? [ 6 Answers ]

As I was rummaging through the basement today, I came across an action figure that I haven't seen in years. I don't recall where I got it, and I don't regognize it. It's a man (or manlike creature) with green, metallic skin. Its got pointed ears and a black mustache that reaches from its nose to...

View more questions Search