Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jathaniel_b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 07:22 PM
    10 month old coughing and wheezing
    Hi my 10 month was prescribed albuterol for coughing and wheezing. I can't give it to him since he does not leave the mask on. Last week he was choking on something but I did not see what it was. Couple days later he felt warm with the runs and has been coughing and wheezing a lot more than usual I am concerned. Can the coughing wheezing have gotten worse due to him swallowing an object ?what would be the symptoms I would have to look for?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Have you taken your baby back to the pediatrician if the prescribed medication isn't being administered? And, if you are worried about choking, again, why haven't you taken your child to the doctor?
    jathaniel_b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 08:55 PM
    Well thanks for answering my question with questions you've been a lot of help
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jathaniel_b View Post
    Well thanks for answering my question with questions youve been alot of help
    Well thanks for giving us very little information to work with.

Ok then... I won't ask you any questions, I'll just make statements...

If you're concerned about your child (and you should be), then you should be talking to the doctor and not wasting your time online asking strangers that haven't even examined the child.

Coughing and wheezing more... a 10 month old... but you are asking here rather than seeing the doctor again.

Go to the doctor... we can't diagnose this and it could be serious.

Edit- Your comment to Jenn was just your way of avoiding having to answer her questions so you don't look irresponsible since you didn't go back to the doctor, right?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 09:15 PM
    I'm with teacherjenn. We, just like you, have no idea if you baby has swallowed something. You must report to your baby's doctor that you are unable to use the albuterol and ask him to please suggest something else.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 11:21 PM
    Let me get this straight. Your baby is very obviously sick, has been prescribed medication you're unable to give him, is getting worse, but instead of going back to the doctor, you go online and expect a bunch of strangers to tell you what's going on, when you, someone that can actually look at your child, don't even know what's going on?

We don't know if he swallowed something, we don't know if the cough is worse because he may have swallowed something, we do know that he's very obviously sick, and for some reason you're not getting him the medical attention he needs. Why is that?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 03:04 AM
    I'm with everyone else here... you should have gotten them to the doctor or Emergency Room shortly after this started. And you shouldn't have had to think about it much less get touchy when it was suggested.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

22 Month Old Coughing [ 1 Answers ]

When do I need to take my 22 month old to the ER for a cough?

My dog is coughing and gagging,wheezing and coughing up blood sometimes [ 7 Answers ]

The vet isn't sure what it is. Not grass or obstruction. Until yesterday she was eating, now she isn't interested. Any suggestions as to what this can be? She is on antibiotics.

Why the hell am I wheezing so much! [ 3 Answers ]

Since about maybe a month now I had this cough but no other symptom's its just a cough?. It wasn't bad when I first got it but its got worst and at night I wheeze very bad when I inhale and it tickles my ear's for some reason to how do I get ridd of this!

Kittens sneezing or wheezing [ 4 Answers ]

I have about 3 kitten from ages 4 months to almost a year old, all very small. The all have green goo coming from their eyes like pinkeye, and runny noses, and sneezing or wheezing. Tow of the kittens are from the same litter but one is a lot smaller than the other, almost skin and bones. They are...

Wheezing rat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a rat that is wheezing and sneezing a lot. None of the local vets know anything about rats. We lost two out of the three already, and although The last rat is doing better then they were, he is still sick. This particular one is my husbands first pet ever, and it would be traumatizing for...

View more questions Search