Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curiosity74 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Is conception the actual day the sperm meets the egg and it's now a fetus?
    Need to know if I am 14 weeks pregnant and my conception date is march 30, 2013, then what would have been the days I had sex, to make this baby?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Calculating conception dates is an inexact science. If your doctor tells you that you are 14 weeks, then the sex could have occurred anytime 14 weeks ago give or take 2 weeks.

If paternity is an issue, you will have to wait until birth to get a DNA test.

Jun 24, 2013, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Calculating conception dates is an inexact science. If your doctor tells you that you are 14 weeks, then the sex could have occurred anytime 14 weeks ago give or take 2 weeks.

If paternity is an issue, you will have to wait until birth to get a DNA test.
    She wasn't told by a nurse. 14 weeks was based off an Ultrasound.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 11:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curiosity74 View Post
    She wasn't told by a nurse. 14 weeks was based off an Ultrasound.
    Ultrasound also isn't exact, it's a best guess based on the growth of the fetus, and can be off 2 weeks either way. There is no way to tell you the exact date of conception.

Jun 25, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Ultrasound also isn't exact, it's a best guess based on the growth of the fetus, and can be off 2 weeks either way. There is no way to tell you the exact date of conception.
    I appreciate the replies.. this is my first baby and when I met my girlfriend I think she had sex not too long before she met me. The Ultrasound read 14 weeks which puts her conception date at the march 30th.. Her LMP was March 17th but we didn't have sex until April 2nd, So I am a little confused as to whether the baby is mine. By the information giving, I guess we will just have to wait until the baby is born. Thanks again for the information
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2013, 05:05 PM
    Its definitely close enough to be yours.
    Pets Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Its definitely close enough to be yours.
    But, it could also be the other guys. Really, a DNA test after the birth is the only way to know, everything else is a best guess.

Jun 26, 2013, 12:17 PM
    But, it could also be the other guys. Really, a DNA test after the birth is the only way to know, everything else is a best guess.
    Thanks to everyone for your time and info
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 03:01 PM
    Thanks to everyone for your time and info
    No problem. Most people that come here don't want to accept that a DNA test is the only way to know for sure when there's multiple possibilities for paternity. Of course most of those posters are women, and they want to know right away so they don't have to admit that they cheated, or slept around.

Let us know how it goes.

I hope it all works out the way you want it to. :)

Jun 26, 2013, 05:00 PM
    No problem. Most people that come here don't want to accept that a DNA test is the only way to know for sure when there's multiple possibilities for paternity. Of course most of those posters are women, and they want to know right away so they don't have to admit that they cheated, or slept around.

Let us know how it goes.

I hope it all works out the way you want it to. :)
    I hope it works in my favor.. I really want to be the father. I will keep you posted.. Dec.21 is the due date :)
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 05:06 PM
    I hope it works in my favor..I really want to be the father. I will keep you posted..Dec.21 is the due date :)
    Just a little side note.

Do you love the mother?

Would you love the child even if you're not the biological father?

Are you and the mother planning a future together?

I do think you should get a DNA test, and if you're not the father, I would urge the mother to get child support for the child. Do that no matter what you and the mother plan for the future, plans don't always work, you have to cover your behind.

But, there's more to being a father than DNA. If the baby isn't yours, that doesn't mean you can't have a relationship with the mom, and the child. You can still be a father, even if you didn't provide the sperm that created this life. Just saying.

Jun 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Just a little side note.

Do you love the mother?

Would you love the child even if you're not the the biological father?

Are you and the mother planning a future together?

I do think you should get a DNA test, and if you're not the father, I would urge the mother to get child support for the child. Do that no matter what you and the mother plan for the future, plans don't always work, you have to cover your behind.

But, there's more to being a father than DNA. If the baby isn't yours, that doesn't mean you can't have a relationship with the mom, and the child. You can still be a father, even if you didn't provide the sperm that created this life. Just sayin.
    Yes, I would love the child even if it wasn't mine. I definitely think if it isn't she should let the other guy know so that he can decide what he is going to do. I do love her and I am willing to accept that before I got involved with her she possibly got pregnant by someone else. If that is the case, I know that to have her is to have the baby too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a woman has sperm in her while she's pregnant than that same day has a miscarriage, [ 1 Answers ]

If sperm stays inside a uterus for up to 7 days isn't it possible for the woman to get pregnant even if the sperm was in her while she was pregnant or is it impossible.

Can drug use by a male damage a fetus after conception [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is possible to do harm to an unborn child by ejaculating into a female after the child has been conceived. Example a guy smokes pot or uses other illicit drugs could their effects be transmited through intercourse. This is once the child is conceived mind you.

View more questions Search