Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Microphone recording
    Is anyone else having trouble with their microphone?
    The USB mic on my webcam records okay, but the analogue mic on my headset barely picks up my voice at all - I have to SHOUT to make myself heard!

I've gone through all the settings - boost, record volume control, but nothing works.
    It used to work - that was months ago - but now it's useless.

I've emaied three or four other people who have been haiving the same problem and I'm wondering, might it be a bug in a Windows XP update?

I'm so annoyed! I paid £20 for the headset because I wanted a decent quality set up for webcam chat.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 24, 2007, 06:12 PM
    PC's will usually have one MIC input.

So the USB MIC works fine. Removing it, and plugging in the headset MIC, is not loud. Is that right?

Doesn't sound like a Windows issue. Could be sound driver issue, or bad mic. If you can find another mic, try it. That's probably the best way to determine if its software or hardware.:)
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 25, 2007, 02:47 AM
    I tried another mic, and that one works so I guess it's the headset at fault.
    I wish I'd kept the receipt!

When I tap it, it responds on the hardware test wizard but it's only barely picking up my voice... which is strange, because the second microphone that I tried had the same problem last year! So now the old one works and the new one doesn't. :confused:

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go and buy another one.

Thanks HVAC :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microphone Problem: No Mic/Line in? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been trying to get one of my friend's microphone to work for months. I've tried finding a driver, and reinstalling the soundcard driver/software. One thing about my friends computer that puzzles me though is the fact that she doesn't have a mic/line-in option in her audio controls. Every...

Microphone Feedback? [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought new hp pavilion a1560n and I plugged it all up and starting talking on skype via a logitech headset. Everyone says they can hear what ever sounds my computer is making, be it music, games, or beeps from AIM. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that my soundcard is integrated,...

Microphone not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... downloaded skype and did the recording test and it won't record.. not sure if my settings are correct.. running... xp home... any help welcome!!

Microphone for a Mac G4 [ 1 Answers ]

There is line input on this machine and I have been told by Apple that it needs to have a self powered microphone to work. I have tried the Griffin USB adapter to no avail and my hardware test cd rules out any hardware issues, says Apple support. Please do not speculate here. I am looking for...

Microphone is muted by default [ 1 Answers ]

HI GUYS, All of a sudden , I am unable to use my microphone as there is no sound recorded through when I try with sound recorder.onchecking I found that in the recording control -properties,microphone is muted by default ,I am unable to deselect the checkbox there. I am unable to...

View more questions Search