Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrashley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Carrier heat pump not cooling
    Our Carrier heat pump is not cooling our house. This is the first time it has been on for cooling this year. The system is running outside and the system inside is running and cool to the touch, but nothing is coming out the vents. It sounds like the fan is running. The thermostat is set for 72 but it is 79 in the house. It has never varied more than a degree or two before and it is not much hotter outside.
    starfire34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lrashley
    Our Carrier heat pump is not cooling our house. This is the first time it has been on for cooling this year. The system is running outside and the system inside is running and cool to the touch, but nothing is coming out the vents. It sounds like the fan is running. The thermostat is set for 72 but it is 79 in the house. It has never varied more than a degree or two before and it is not much hotter outside.
    The pump for the freon or whatever cooling liquid it's the Carrier is using is not running or your line is frozen somewhere.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 06:39 PM
    If you don't have air flowing out the vents, you need to open up the air handler. Check the filters. Hold the door switch in and see if the blower is actually turning. Check the coil. It could have enough crud in it to keep the air from flowing through it. If all of those are Ok, and you still aren't getting air through the vents, maybe look for ductwork problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton Carrier Heat Pump Heating and AC unit. Lately, the unit has been making a horrendous, loud bass trombone sound. This sound comes from the outside unit that houses the fan and compressor. It occurs when the heater/blower in the atic is NOT on. The sound is so loud that it wakes me up...

Carrier heat pump troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

Our outside compressor is flipping the breaker off every time it tries to come on. What is causing this> and how can I fix it? Thanks

Carrier heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, How can you tell how old the unit is by the model or serial number? Serial is #3996e24342, model # is 38ycb03030300. Thanks!! spence

Carrier Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton Carrier Heat Pump Heating and AC unit. Lately, the unit has been making a horrendous, loud bass trombone sound. This sound comes from the outside unit that houses the fan and compressor. It occurs when the heater/blower in the atic is NOT on. The sound is so loud that it wakes me up...

Carrier Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

Carrier Heat pump does not come on. Just stopped working. How do I trouble shoot for a bad transformer or other parts related to unit no turning on for either a/c or heat?

View more questions Search