Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhirumainboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Cd and dvd write
    I got dell desktop with cdrom and dvdwrite bothe were working under vista o/s and when I upgraded to windows 7 cdrom and dvd wite not reading why/ please help.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jan 3, 2014, 02:44 AM
    Are you saying that when you insert a written dvd nothing happens? (autoplay may be turned off). As for writing, what application do you have installed to do the writing to the blank disk? Win 7's disk burning is not so intuitive. There are a few good free burners out there, just search for "best free optical disk burners". For the most part DVD and CD optical drives do not need drivers, windows usually uses their generic ones just fine. But to be sure, you can look on Dells site for your specific model number to see if there are drivers for the optical drives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want write a protected data dvd! [ 4 Answers ]

I want write a protected data dvd! I mean when dvd inserted into dvd rom a password box shown for opening dvd! Or another security method! I think it may done by writing a small program on dvd + other files that do this! But which program? Is there any program anymore? :(

How to write protected cd or dvd? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to know about how to write protected cd or dvd?

DVD/CD Drive - read dvd but will not write to dvd. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guy's. I have trouble with my dvd/cd-rw combo. My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 2413LC, don't know the make and model of the dvd/cd-rw combo. It reads and writes to Cd's no problem there. But is will not write to a blanc dvd - it reads the dvd. If I put a blanc cd in it ask me what I like to...

Write protected DVD [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I want to make a write prtected dvd please advice how I can do that? Thanks in advance

View more questions Search