Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blacdymond2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 05:31 PM
    Mosquito bite
    I have mosquito bites on my foot, arm and face that swell larger than normal and hurt. Besides the normal itching sensation they hurt & leave dark marks on the skin. Is there something different about this years mosquitos?
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Jun 22, 2013, 07:38 AM
    It might be this years mosquitos - or you could be developing an allergic reaction. (I've known several people - myself included - and several animals who have developed allergic reactions to things they weren't allergic to before.) An inexpensive way to test the allergy theory is to take Benadryl (if you aren't allergic to it) when you get a bite. If the bite behaves like in years past while you've got the Benadryl counteracting your body's allergic response, you've become allergic to mosquitos. If it does the swell, hurt and dark mark thing still, its something with the mosquitos. Either way, you probably want to do something to prevent the bites, as mosquitos can carry all kinds of interesting diseases...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mosquito Bite Caused Horrible pain and swelling? [ 12 Answers ]

Last night I noticed what seemed like a mosquito on my ankle area. Of course it was biting me. I swated it and thought nothing of it. It did become red and swollen right after. Then this morning I noticed a really bad pain with my leg. It felt almost numb, but like a bruise. It is my bite from last...

Dog Bite Ask a Nurse for Free Now Dog Bite [ 0 Answers ]

For a dog bite that barely broke the skin do you need to go to the doctor to get a shot? The bite has been cleaned with alcohol and triple antibiotic has been applied to it.

What's the best and fastest way to make a mosquito bite go away? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mosquito bite on my foot! It's pretty big too lol. Not too big, like the size of a half dollar coin. I got the bite yesterday at my inlaws house while sitting outside. I knew I had one cause my foot was itching. But it didn't start getting big until this morning. It doesn't itch right...

Mosquito bite still itchy after 2 years [ 5 Answers ]

Bitten by mosquito 2 years ago and suffered terrible reaction. Skin has hardened in a 10p size and it still really itches. Have tried hydrocortison, all antiseptic creams, calmolile lotion, zappers, gels, potions etc.. And still have it - can you help?

Mosquito bites [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know of anything besides DEET, that will prevent mosquito bites. I hate putting pesticide on my skin, but nothing seems to work. Thanks. Cindy

View more questions Search