Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BARBARAKT Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 01:24 PM
    (3) day notice to pay or deliver possession
    If you receive a (3) day notice to pay as a renter are you required to make future payments to the courthouse in your county.

As a tenant can you restrict the maintenance dept to call in advance or come by appointment only, so you can be there while they repair or complete a work order that you or they want to do?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2013, 02:35 PM
    What does your lease say about calling in advance? If it's an emergency situation, no, you aren't going to get more than very little notice.

No, rent continues to be paid to the landlord. The Courts are too busy to collect rental payments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 day notice/ pay or quit notice [ 10 Answers ]

I told the landlord I wanted to leave his property he said no I have to pay the remainder of the lease, a city inspector came out to inspect the house and he had 6 pages of violations and after 3 weeks did not attempt to fix anything so I started moving out.. I gave the landlord a 30 day notice...

I was served a 3 day notice to pay rent or surrender possession. [ 3 Answers ]

I was served a 3 day notice to pay rent or surrender possession .does this mean I have 3days to move..

30 Day Notice to move and A 3 Day pay Or Quit [ 14 Answers ]

I submitted a 30 day notice to move on 4-17-2009 to vacate on 5-17-2009. On 5-4-2009 my landlord put a 3 day notice to pay or quit on my door. Is this even legal? And are late fees legal to charge in California?

5 day pay or quit notice [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I just got served with a 5 day pay or quit notice in Virginia because we had not paid rent. There was a delay in getting my refund check from school and was not able to pay it. We didn't sign a lease or anything stating the terms. We immediately moved out. Now I am being served...

Actions from Property Management after we deliver a 60 day notice. [ 1 Answers ]

We are behind in our rent because of the slow down of the economy. Several of our customers have filed bankruptcy which hurts a small business like ours. We delivered a 60 day notice to the property management. We did a 60 day because we need ample time to clear out the 30,000 sq. ft warehouse...

View more questions Search