Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isabel2816 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 05:19 PM
    I live in san diego California I am trying to get custody of my niece?
    I have a niece that is 10 yrs old she lives with her grandmother because her mother is a drugaddict and keeps going in and out of jail as far as I know the grandmother has custody the other day my sister dropped her off and there were people doing heroin outside her door and smoking marijuana and as they passed by they blew the smoke in their face. When she was dropped off her grandmother shut the door in my sisters face and yelled at my niece my niece says that she is not happy she is always in the room grounded her grandmother yells at her for any reason and she is not doing good in school and she as skinny as my 5 yr old daughter. She lives in a 2 bedroom apt with 10 or 11 other people that smoke cigarettes inside the house and drink so I want to know if there is a way to get custody of her. And my brother her dad is an alcoholic which never pays any attention to her when he gets her on the weekend he my other brothers take care of her. I live in san diego California I would appreciate your answers I really want to get her help as soon as possible thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 05:27 PM
    There are 12 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment?

That's a zoning violation in every part of the USA I am aware of.

But to get custody... I'd hire a lawyer and have them file in Family court. They will know the process and what needs to be done... you will have to prove you are capable of supporting them financially... as well as emotionally,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Live in vegas And my daughter in San Diego, [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Las Vegas and my daughter was born in San Diego, I want to file for paternity and custody, can I file this in Las vegas court or it needs to be done in San Diego? I don't know if she still lives there or move to Tijuana. Maybe she moves out of the country because she only have the Tourist...

I want full custody family court of san diego? [ 14 Answers ]

The father of my son ask for DNA test before to pay me the child support 7 months moths a go, My son is almost 7 years old and his father never take of him sice he was born, We never get married I'm a Mexican citizen but I live in Iceland with my husband and my baby girl one year ald My son...

We live in San Diego, CA. We rented a house for three years. [ 0 Answers ]

The landlord discovered we had my mom's dog staying with us at the home illegally, one week before we were supposed to move out. The landlords indicated it was okay for us to have two cats so we didn't think our sweet old dog would be an issue. Apparently, it was a very large issue. We were on...

Requesting to set aside default judgment in California supre court, san diego [ 1 Answers ]

I am desperate. I need to do a Motion to set aside judgment in san diego, superior court, and don't know where to get the Form. My hearing will be in march 26.. I did not do anything wrong, I am not citizen, don't know about law, but the maanager told a lie about me, and the compnay ask the judge...

San diego [ 1 Answers ]

What is the distance between studio city, ca. and san diego, ca?

View more questions Search