Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jojodildo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
    Does anyone know about 26 inch fixed gear wheels?
    My 27 inch fixie broke and all I can afford is to convert my 26 inch old moutain bike into a fixed gear. Do people do this often and is it as comfortable as a 27 inch fixie? Either way I'm going to convert it I'm just trying to get feed back on what it may be like.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2013, 11:42 AM
    A fixed gear bike means that there is no dérailleur so you are just constantly pedaling (unless the fixed gear is equipped with the ability to coast). A mountain bike has fatter ties, which will make fixed gearing even harder to pedal.
    jonnyjjjj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Once momentum of the pedals get going the pressure it takes to pedal should be the same that's why a fixed gear is so easy to ride. And if it could coast it would be a fixed gear it would be a single speed. And I know plenty if people that have converted mountain bikes.
    jonnyjjjj Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 08:14 AM
    *wouldn't be a fixed gear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to put wheels on yard machines 38 inch deck [ 2 Answers ]

Have a yard machines ride on model number 13A5771F670 it has 38 inch cutting deck but no wheels for cutting deck. I purchased wheels and bolts but nowhere to attach them is there a bracket you can buy to put on deck, have been told cutting deck has piece welded on for wheels but not on this one...

3 inch toilet flange sits directly on top of the 3 inch drian pipe [ 11 Answers ]

DO they make smaller flanges? I pulled my toilet to put tile down and now can not get a flange on it. I am very frustrated and about ready to call a plumber.

Repalace ring gear gear on brigg and sratton 14.5 engine [ 1 Answers ]

How do you removed the ring gear from the fly wheel and put on new one on the teeth is worn out and the starter will not turn the motor

How to install 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Vanity Backsplash [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a new 72 inch long Marble vanity in my bathroom. It came with a 72 inch long by 4 inch tall Marble Backsplash. How do I install this backsplash? Do I just put an adhesive behind it? What about the gaps? How do I fill the gap of the top of the backsplash where it hits the...

Craftsman 14.5 42 inch riding lawn mower gear sector [ 2 Answers ]

How do you replace the gear sector22 teeth on craftsman riding lawn mower?

View more questions Search