Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bth572 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Infrequent user Hair Follicle Test
    I have a possible per-employment hair follicle test coming up for a new job. About a month ago I took 3 to 4 hits of weed. Prior to that I did the same thing maybe 2 to 2.5 months ago. About two weeks ago I took 1 adderall, and last week I took 1 vicodin. In the past 6 months I have not done anything else. From reading this forum it appears that I will be OK for a hair follicle test since I am not a frequent user and it was a low dosage. I could use some peace of mind though if these will show up on a hair follicle test. I'm trying to decide if I should wait to give my two weeks notice from my current job until I get the test results back for the new job.
    puebloan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 09:22 AM
    Thanks for sharing.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by puebloan View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    Really? That's your answer? Bravo.

Anyway, this is going to be close and could really go either way. This is not an exact science so at this point you can't get a definite answer. I can say that if what you're saying is true, you have a better chance of passing than of failing so you might be OK.

On the other hand... it amazes me how everyone that comes here about a drug test is an "infrequent user" and always only has 3-4 hits... just doesn't seem likely to me. But if this is true, you're probably OK... if you've done more, you'll probably fail.

Jun 20, 2013, 11:05 AM
    I use to smoke regularly a few times a day. I stopped about a year and a half ago. Since then I have the occasional indulgence. Over the past year and a half I have maybe smoked 6 different times.

That's what I meant by infrequent user.

Thank you for the advice.

Jun 20, 2013, 03:14 PM
    Anyone else? I've ready some papers that DrBill posted about hair tests only detecting people that are chronic users. Just getting paranoid because I really want this job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Infrequent user hair test [ 7 Answers ]

OK so a really good job came up and they offered me a position I have to take a hair test on 2-18 I took a 2 hits off a joint. I've been clean since then. I never smoke maybe 2 other times in about 5 years times and even then they were a few hits. I've trimmed my hair recently I've been told that...

Hair follicle test. Infrequent user. [ 27 Answers ]

I might have to take a hair folicle and urine analysis in the next couple weeks. I smoked two hits of marijuana from a bong a week ago. They weren't big hits they were relatively small. And before that I have not smoked in a year. I work outside and workout 4 times a week, so my metabolism somewhat...

Hair Test for Infrequent User [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Psychemedics hair test coming up on Monday. I took 3-4 bowl hits altogether 6+ weeks ago on two separate occasions, about a week apart. Before that, there's nothing in my hair that could show up. How are my chances of passing this test? Should I prepare for it in any way? Thanks.

Hair Follicle Testing for Infrequent User [ 12 Answers ]

I was given a hair follicle test on 2/10/2011. The most recent time I smoke was the evening of 1/31/2011. It was from a bowl of which I only took about 3 or 4 hits. Before this I had not smoked since Nov 27, 2010 where again I smoke from a bowl just taking 3 or 4 hits. Before this incident I...

Hair test for infrequent user [ 1 Answers ]

I have only smoked pot 4 times this year once in May and three times in June once on the 8th and then the 16 and17 th and I have a hair test coming up on Aug 19 and from that date it will be over 90 days since I have smoked and prior to May I haven't smoked since December, Do I have anything to...

View more questions Search