Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kirk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2005, 03:28 AM
    Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp
    I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2005, 07:42 AM
    Will it come back on if you immediately turn the thermostat up? If so, it could be a poorly calibrated thermostat. You may need to set it on 80 or something to hold the typical 72.

Otherwise it could be a bad limit switch or relay. If you need help with them, post back giving more details of the furnace. I need more to go on than a Carrier Weather Maker.
    Kirk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2005, 03:24 AM
    The furnace is a58sxc080-gg high ef. Carrier weathermaker furnace. It seems to cycle on and off a lot before reaching thermostat temp. We had a flood a while back so I had to replace motherboard and blower motor. The water came up as high as the vent motor but it still works. I have a new thermostat on now and have same problem.
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hdd temp [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a DELL DIMENSION 9500. When I check with HDD HEALTH, it warns me that the drive (western digital) temp is 60 or 70 deg Celsius. It also says CRITICAL. What can I do. Is there another way to check ?

How to bypass loadcell's changes with temp. [ 1 Answers ]

I am designing a digital bascule in a region with high temp. changes... how can I bypass loadcell's resistanse changes with temp.

Hot water temp. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks I had a water pump problem and ended up replacing it with a new one. The problem started after the install of the new pump, when you adjust the water temp. for the shower and then turn the shower on, the water temperature drops to almost cold:eek: and you have to turn the hot way up to...

Question about supply temp. & return temp. [ 3 Answers ]

The AC system produced supply temps. At 57-60 degrees on the first floor With a return temp. of 71 degrees. The second floor supply temp. is at 59 degrees with a return temp. of 72 degrees. I know there should be at least a 15 degree temp. difference from the supply to return. There was also an...

Engine temp. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I have a 1977 Ford LTD II with a Ford 400 cu.in engine. This engine has always had a problem with its temperature when the car is stuck in a traffic jam. Is this normal for this engines? In heavy traffic I can't turn on the a/c because de temp rise fast and reaches the overheat range....

View more questions Search