Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GinaLamb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2013, 06:18 AM
    How to write a Thank You to put in local newspaper ?
    I was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer & my local Fire Dept. & friends put on a benefit in my honor & raised money for me. I want to put a than you in the local paper. Not sure how to word it
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 06:55 AM
    From the heart. Say what you mean.

That was a great thing that they did.

Good luck to you and I hope you have no problem beating this.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 08:26 AM
    Like oddinn7 said, write from your heart. Here are some thank yous I gleaned by Googling --

Thank you to the many businesses, organizations, and individuals who supported our First Annual Mini Golf Tournament at Triple Play. All proceeds will go toward our Building Fund.

Thank you! Thank you! I am so grateful for what you have done to help me with my financial burden. It is wonderful to have a friends who _________. It is such a good feeling to pay off most of my hospital bills _______________.

Words can't even begin to tell you how very grateful we are with your very generous gift of money to help us pay our bills.

Thank you so much for your generous gifts of money given to me during this difficult time while I travel down this road of breast cancer.

Of course, use your own words as appropriate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small weekly local newspaper [ 0 Answers ]

What are the legal formalities I need to get done before starting a small weekly local newspaper in india

How do I write a thank you ad in the newspaper for a benefit we put on? [ 0 Answers ]

We organized a benefit for my sister-n-law who lost her home to a fire. We had a HUGE response with donations and were able to raise a lot of money to help her out. I would like to place an ad in the local newspaper since I can't thank each individual person or business. At a loss for words...

Wanted to know how to write up a thank you note in the local newspaper, [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to know how to write up a nice thank you for a person that helped our daughter last Tuesday when she fell on the ice in her driveway. The woman ran over to her and dailed 911 and stayed there until help was on the way. More less, what I want to say is thank you to a wonderful person,...

English teacher vs. Writing for the local newspaper [ 3 Answers ]

I am a junior in high school and I get all a's and b's. I excel in writing and I was thinking about working for a newspaper or being an english or history teacher for high school students. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about either of these professions and what colleges (in Arizona)...

An local newspaper published a libelous article about my husband [ 1 Answers ]

Recently a paper where we live published an article about my husband. It made many claims, but the most insidious was that he had falsified a document and signed another person's name. Not only did he not do this but we have the copies of the board of directors minutes showing the man claiming he...

View more questions Search