Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stylesbyjeanine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Tiny bugs around outlets, bites
    I recently noticed these tiny tiny bugs around a plug outlet in my living room, we have carpet and our air matress popped so we've been sleeping on a comforter on out air matress and I've been waking up with bites all over me! & even when I look closely picked a few off my skin. They're hardly noticeable or visible, they look like specs of dirt. We found them in the bathroom ariund the outlet too and on the walls . Please help
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 03:27 PM
    About the only things that congregate around electric outlets are using the conduit as a way to get into the house. Ants do this frequently, but I assume you can distinguish ants from other insects.

The other possibility is that you notice them around the outlets when they are actually more widespread.

The first thing to rule out are bedbugs.
    Attached Images

Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Fleas would be the second possibility.
    Attached Images

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 19, 2013, 04:01 PM
    My dog gets tiny black bugs embedded in her white snout in early summer (not fleas, not ticks). Last summer I found several; today I found one. I was able to get it out (first time ever) and put it on the table where it just sat, not even looking like a living insect. Then I squished it, and it bled. I have no idea what it is. It's the size of a sesame seed.
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Stylesbyjanine, have you checked out the eaves of the house for old birds' nests? You could be dealing with bird mites
    Attached Images

Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2013, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    My dog gets tiny black bugs embedded in her white snout in early summer (not fleas, not ticks). Last summer I found several; today I found one. I was able to get it out (first time ever) and put it on the table where it just sat, not even looking like a living insect. Then I squished it, and it bled. I have no idea what it is. It's the size of a sesame seed.
    Are you certain they aren't ticks? The very small immatures called "seed ticks" act just like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny little bugs [ 5 Answers ]

Last night, I was up all night and kept feeling like things were crawling all over me. When I got up this morning, I looked in better light and there were these teeny tiny little bugs crawling on the bed and up my curtains. What could these things be? They don't bite, but you can feel them. They...

I have small tiny mosquito-like-bites on my neck and it is spreading. [ 0 Answers ]

It started on my neck and is spreading. Any ideas what it is?

Bug bites... without the bugs and/or bites [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 4-6 months I've been feelin' like I'm constantly gettin' bitten by bugs all over my arms, torso and legs.....altho I never seem to have any bite marks on me...nor do I ever see any bugs on me or in my home. I've tried doin' a search online but I basically came up empty handed, totally...

Tiny bugs, look like a tiny brain [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, It is that time of year again and those brain bugs are back. They fly, are kind of grey and don't seem to do much. They are around my bay windows and other sills, one on a wall here and there but not as much as the Bay. I was told once they might be sill bugs. Have no idea where they come...

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

View more questions Search