Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capricorn1930 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 12:02 PM
    Harbor Breeze Fan --- unable to reverse air flow.
    I am unable to reverse air flow on my 52" Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan.
    It was previously installed in my new home when we moved in. We found the
    Remote control with wiring assembly in a cardboard box in the garage. Obviously never installed.
    My problem: I can control fan speed and lights with separate switches that are
    Wall mounted, just fine. The problem is there are no switches, chains or buttons
    To REVERSE fan direction to divert the air flow downward.
    Is there a simple way to REVERSE the fan direction on this fan?

Thanks for any help.
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Jun 21, 2013, 08:51 PM
    There should be a small black slide switch located between the fan blades and the light kit. The remote, if hooked-up properly, will not control the fan direction. The remote installs easily under the canopy; and only takes a couple of screws to get the canopy out of the way. The wires should be clearly marked, and color coded. You'll just need about 5 small wire nuts (probably still in the package). Its nice to have a remote. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze fan company how do I reverse fan direction [ 0 Answers ]

I have a combination light/fan indoor fixture. The remote #chq8817098t. How do I reverse direction of the fan blades?

Harbor breeze runs in reverse [ 3 Answers ]

We purchased a harbor breeze ceiling fan but the remote was missing. So we bought the harbor breeze remote separately. The fan will only run in reverse. Can the wiring be modified?

How to reverse Harbor Breeze fan when remote unit not installed [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze Exceter 52" fan. The remote unit was not wired in and I would like to know if the fan can be reversed or how does it need to be wired on the wall to facilitate this function to work.

View more questions Search