Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    19mark52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 11:28 AM
    Kenmore elite quiet pak 9 dryer manual
    My dryer quit shortly after starting a load and the clothes were still wet. When I press the start button, it beeps and the "check lint screen" light flashes. I've removed the lint trap assembly, cleaned everything out. What do I need to do next? Thanks.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2013, 08:48 AM
    These driers will do that when the lint builds up like concrete on the inside of the air ducts. The sensor is covered up with lint buildup like concrete and sends a signal to the circuit board chip which means it needs cleaning, and it's not just the lint screen. Halfway cleaning it will not work. You need to totally tear it down and scrape out and wash all of the parts except the motor, which you vacuum out. You can go to YouTube to see videos on how to take it apart, but do a very good job or it will fail again quickly. I would get a new belt and change it while you have it apart and get some white lithium grease and grease any bearings you find. You need to clean out a drier every two years, at least, according to the manual. You just unplug the wires from the sensors and remove ductwork that they are attached on and clean the entire thing with soap and water. Make sure you go all through the dryer and get all parts like the blower fan and housing, vacuum out motor well and clean exhaust. Mark all wires you unplug so you know where they go. This is an easier job than you would think. Make sure to clean around all of the sensors, too, because when they cannot sense the dryer will not work, plus the burning lint deposits will burn down your house. See: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires - YouTube and: Cleaning out a dryer with top lint cleanout - YouTube
    Cleaning out a dryer: By a woman 2 of 2 - YouTube
    Whirlpool dryers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...l%20Dryers.zip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Quiet Pak 9 dryer [ 1 Answers ]

When I open the door the light comes on, but nothing on the control panel is lighting up/working?

Kenmore elite smartheat quiet pak 9 manual? [ 6 Answers ]

I took the lint trap apart to clean it there were two wires attached from dryer to lint trap they fell inside the dryer I am unable to reach them easily are they important? What r they used for? Everything seems to be working all right

Kenmore elite smartheat quiet pak dryer beeps 3 time and won't start.. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite smartheat quiet pak dryer. Model # 110.85866400. The problem is when I push the start button it beeps 3 times and the display flashes PF... and does not start..?. We have replaced the control board and still... NOTHING!. If anyone could help me... I would greatly appreciate...

Pictures of the inside of the kenmore dryer elite smart heat quiet pak 9 he4 [ 1 Answers ]

And directions because my dryer doesn't produce heat so I can't dry my clothes

View more questions Search