Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WMorg555 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Garage roof puddles
    Is there a fix for a flat garage roof that puddles in the middle other than paying to have the entire roof done over ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2013, 07:57 PM
    If you can access the roof joists, jack up in the low spot and sister new joists to the old. Span af least 3-4 ft part the low spot. Make the new joist as large as or 1 size larger. Puddling like you indicate is caused by bowed joists, usually too small. Lag or carriage bolt the new joists, don't nail. If it is a 2 car garage, and you have space, consider a middle wall or support columns. The roof should never be flat, but should have at least a 1/12 pitch and be a hot.mopped or membrane roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaky roof in garage [ 6 Answers ]

I rented out my house to two tenants, before they moved in I told them about the roof leak in the garage, they said no problem as long as it does not leak in the heated living space, which it does not. The reason I have not fixed it yet is because I truly do not have the money nor can I get a loan...

Tiled terrace on garage roof leaking rain in to garage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a concrete block built garage the roof of which acts as a terrace/patio. It is tiled with quarry tiles. Recently, during severe weather, the rain has started to run through the tiles (somehow? The grouting was waterproof and looks OK) and through the joints in the concrete into the...

Repair Damaged Flat Garage Roof [ 5 Answers ]

Several planks running across the rafters of a one car garage in an older home have dry rotted about 8-10 inches from their ends where they had been nailed into the rafter. The remainder of the planks are solid and so are the rupport rafters. The tarred roof covering is in very good shape on most...

Garage roof leaks [ 2 Answers ]

The valley where the garage and house meet, runs into the wall of a raised ceiling Room. This wall is brick, with siding on it. I had shingles and rotten board replaced, But the roof still leaks around this brick. From inside my garage I can see the water running down the brick, then down...

How can I stop a leaky garage roof? [ 2 Answers ]

My garage was originally a two car garage . An addittional one car garage was added to the right . The original has a pitched roof and the addition has a roof attached to the one side of the original, the additon has a different pitch and starts about four feet down from the peak of original roof. ...

View more questions Search