Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickstephens111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 06:30 PM
    All new ac and furnace and a coil from john stone
    Hi I need help please. I just had a 4 ton reem and a coil andnordie furnace installed yesterday. And its only 90 out side and my house won't get below 80 during the day. At night it works good. My house is. A 1987 oakcreek mobile home 1280square feet. Someone plaza tell me what it could be. It seems cold coming out of the floor vents and its blowing pretty hard. And I have a shingle roof whitch I don't think us vented but I did have a four ton installed
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2013, 06:34 PM
    4 ton for that sq. ft. seems extremely large. I have a 3,000 sq. ft. house with a 4 ton and it is very adequate. A lot depends on insulation and MH's, particularly older models, are not usually well insulated. Shaded? Ceiling get hot in the daytime? Since it is working OK at night would lead one to believe your issue is radiant solar load and AC won't cure that.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2013, 07:15 PM
    2.5 to 3 ton ac is the most you should need,, you going to end up with a humidity/mold/mildew problem,, and I agree with ma0641 you probably have a insulation problem
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2013, 06:14 PM
    "Seems cold" doesn't tell us a whole lot. Actual supply & return temps would help. The return temp can be taken in front of the furnace door. This presumes the furnace fan blows the air for the A/C.
    If the A/C is a package unit (does not use the furnace fan) you should have 1 or 2 large return vents in the floor. They will be about 14" x 22". Measure the return temp there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A stone is dropped down a deep well. The time interval between the drop of the stone [ 1 Answers ]

A stone is dropped down a deep well. The time interval between the drop of the stone and the Splash heard at the top of the well is 4.5 s. If the air in the well is a cool 4°C, but does not Cause significant friction with the stone, how deep is the well?

Where can I buy a used ignition coil for a john deere lx176 with a 14hp kawasaki engi [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to buy a used ignition coil for john deere lx176 lawn tractor 14hp kawasaki engine

What do I need to lay flag stone on a stove Hearth over cement board 1 in. Stone [ 1 Answers ]

I'am building a 20sq. ft. raised hearth for a woodstove. I put down 3/4 plywood. I'am going to put down cement board for fire code. What do I need to lay 1 in. flagstone over this./ mortor mix/ sand?

Furnace coil blocked? [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace heater coil is only 5 yrs old. We have little hot water pressure throughout the house. We have been told the coil element in our tankless system is blocked and we need a replacement coil. It is going to cost at least $650. An option is buying a separate water heater for $1600. We are...

View more questions Search