Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsmodel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2013, 04:26 PM
    What should be my diet if I train for track 5 hours a day?
    Hello,
    I have been training for track for a while now soon to be an Olympian. I'm 13 years old.Yes, I know I'm starting early I have a record I have to break! And no time to waste. I train for 5 hours every day from 8am to 10am then I have a rest break for an hour and a half and I train from 11:30am to 1pm. It sounds like a lot but, once you get use to it a stretch a lot its not. But, what should I eat so, I gain muscle and start to have a mre complex body? I also want to have energy to carry me out through the rest of the day.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jun 18, 2013, 03:24 PM
    The best thing to do would be to calculate how many calories you are losing and then replace those calories in addition to the normal calories you should be consuming every day. Protein is very important if you're training this much as are fruits and vegetables which give you the vitamins you need to survive. During breaks isotonic drinks like Gatorade can help replace electrolytes, but they won't help at all if you don't have a well balanced diet!

This is just the opinion of a health professional and experienced marathoner, but it's not considered very healthy for a thirteen year old to train five hours a day, especially without some sort of professional coaching. I hope that you have some sort of help with this or at least are varying your training regiment to prevent injury which is very common in young athletes who focus too hard on one sport. Additionally, I'd suggest cross training and including low stress activities like biking and swimming to help build other muscles up and prevent you from getting hurt before you even really get started. Also, it would be best to work up to five hours per day and have some hard days and some easy days.
    Your body is still growing and developing, and training the wrong way can cause life long problems.

Also this website might be useful: mapmyrun.com I use it to track the calories I've lost during training and to help make sure I'm eating enough calories to replace what I've lost.

Good luck and make sure to mention me when you win that gold medal!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2 day diet pills? [ 1 Answers ]

Have anyone heard of the 2 day lingzhi japan slimming formula? I've heard that it's suppose to be all natural. I have a coworker that has lost 30lbs so far from taking these pills. I can see that she's losing weight but I'm still not sure about e pills. Anyone have any info, please fill me...

Airclimber 10 day diet [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone has the airclimber I was wondering does the 10 day diet and exercise actually provide 10 pounds gone or 10 inches gone in 10 days

View more questions Search