Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Shy Guys
    Why are (young adult) guys really shy sometimes around girls?
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Mar 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Because they really like them and don't know the perfect approach.

When in reality there is no perfect approach, just be yourself and go talk to tha girl.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 24, 2007, 05:23 PM
    They might simply be shy because they're shy... it's just the way they are.

But, when a guy is shy around one specific girl, well, then it's probably because he really likes her, he might be intimidated, he's more conscious...

This is what I think anyway.
    forreal Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2007, 04:46 PM
    I'm glad someone ask this question because I was thinking the same thing
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Mar 26, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I am shy around some girls. Assertive around other girls. It really depends on the situation. It seems to me that I'm more shy around girls that are exceedingly attractive.
    Plus, I do not enjoy failure so shyness might be a blessing sometimes.

Mar 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Maybe this will help, I'm a quiet shy guy, I hardly ever speak around anyone I don't know, girls in particular, that's only because I don't want to say the wrong thing, or embarrass myself by stumbbling over my words. I don't speak much,so sometimes when I talk to get a point across I may trip over what I'm trying to say, so when I stutter, it really hits me hard, makes me feel like an idiot. But the only reason I stutter is because I'm shy.

And if it's a very attractive girl, you can forget about it. I probably won't even speak at all. Lol maybe a hi, and bye, but nothing else. Lol

Mar 26, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the tips shy guys

Mar 27, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alizeblu
    maybe this will help, im a quiet shy guy, i hardly ever speak around anyone i dont know, girls in particular, thats only because i dont want to say the wrong thing, or embarass myself by stumbbling over my words. I dont speak much,so sometimes when i talk to get a point across i may trip over what im trying to say, so when i stutter, it really hits me hard, makes me feel like an idiot. but the only reason i stutter is because im shy.

and if its a very attractive girl, you can forget about it. i probably wont even speak at all. lol maybe a hi, and bye, but nothing else. lol

Does a woman has to ask you out just to get your attention?

Mar 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Lol well its like this: in my last relationship, I met this girl at one of my friends house, she was over there with her friend, she was just sitting on the couch.

I saw her on the couch and in my mind I thought "man, this girl is gorgeous." but I would never tell her. Lol my friend actually started talking to her first, well anyway the next day
    I told my friend that I was really feeling the girl on the couch and he was like"really", so then I get this call and its him again, he says" remember that girl on the couch"? I'm like "yea why?" he said " well i told her you like her and shes going to call you today, i gave her your number". My heart dropped to that floor! Lol I screamed on him for a good 10 minutes! Lol but in the end him playing match maker actually started a pretty good relationship for me.

To tell you the truth if he didn't do that I probably would have never seen her again. Sometimes I think my shyness is a curse. Lol

You know the funny thing? She actually DID ask me out. Lol and I was like "hell yea"! Lol

Mar 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
    lol well its like this: in my last relationship, i met this girl at one of my friends house, she was over there with her friend, she was just sitting on the couch.

i saw her on the couch and in my mind i thought "man, this girl is gorgeous." but i would never tell her. lol my friend actually started talking to her first, well anyways the next day
    i told my friend that i was really feeling the girl on the couch and he was like"really", so then i get this call and its him again, he says" remember that girl on the couch"? im like "yea why?" he said " well i told her you like her and shes going to call you today, i gave her your number". my heart dropped to that floor! lol i screamed on him for a good 10 minutes! lol but in the end him playing match maker actually started a pretty good relationship for me.

to tell you the truth if he didnt do that i probably would have never seen her again. sometimes i think my shyness is a curse. lol

you know the funny thing? she actually DID ask me out. lol and i was like "hell yea"! lol

Thanks alizeblu, I think I might have a lunch date(LOL)
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
    lol well its like this: in my last relationship, i met this girl at one of my friends house, she was over there with her friend, she was just sitting on the couch.

i saw her on the couch and in my mind i thought "man, this girl is gorgeous." but i would never tell her. lol my friend actually started talking to her first, well anyways the next day
    i told my friend that i was really feeling the girl on the couch and he was like"really", so then i get this call and its him again, he says" remember that girl on the couch"? im like "yea why?" he said " well i told her you like her and shes going to call you today, i gave her your number". my heart dropped to that floor! lol i screamed on him for a good 10 minutes! lol but in the end him playing match maker actually started a pretty good relationship for me.

to tell you the truth if he didnt do that i probably would have never seen her again. sometimes i think my shyness is a curse. lol

you know the funny thing? she actually DID ask me out. lol and i was like "hell yea"! lol
    Hey alizeblu,

Thanks for sharing!!... so funny :D

You must be one lucky guy. And you have a great friend there and I think that unlike you, (at least) he's not shy!! :p

Mar 27, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Yea, but it wasn't luck. Lol but that's a story for another thread. Lol

Apr 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
    I don't know, its crazy with us shy guys... we dare not pursue beauty.

When in reality beauty is out searching for us.

And we don't even know it, we're just too scared to appraoch.
    serapis Posts: 11, Reputation: -2

Apr 2, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanalov
    that's because he madly truly in love with you he gets mesmorize evry tym your near to shy to speak speacily talking toa beautiful maiden such as you.. ^_^
    serapis Posts: 11, Reputation: -2

Apr 3, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Guyz like are people who have no any exp. When talking or meeting girlz they get confuse in what to do...

Apr 3, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Well not all, some guys are completely confident in thierselves. Others (like me) are completely shy.
    eazy123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanalov
    I use to be a shy guyn all you got to do is touch them in any way and we will act like we've known you forever

Apr 4, 2007, 06:39 AM
    ^^^^
    huh?
    eazy123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Listen... if your shy and your sitting there alone at a prty or somthin and some fine comes over sits on your lap what the you going do cry?? No your going to in talk and act like a person... dont know how you find that funny

Apr 4, 2007, 10:52 AM
    ^^^
    huh?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am very shy [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have aproblem. First of all I am very shy and I feel very uncomfortable with strangers.And also I can't say NO to others, because I am afraid to hurt someone with my answer.But I really want to be stronger. Help me please with my problems.

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Shy but wants to be wild [ 11 Answers ]

Ok here's the thing! Me and my boyfriend have just started having sex, he was my first. I am a naturally kinky person (my mind runs wild and there is so much I want to do) and I know he would probably like something other then missionary style, I know he would like me on top! The thing is I'm shy!...

Shy, reserved puppy [ 4 Answers ]

We just brought home a retreiver, newfoundland mix puppy 2 days ago. He is very shy, and will go to a corner and cower when new people come in. He has totally bonded with me to the point that he will follow me everywhere, but as yet, has not bonded with my husband. We are both home all day. He...

Shy Cats [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and her roommate just got two kittens. They are brothers and are about 7 or 8 months old. They were strays, their mother abandoned them at about 2 months and they were picked up at around 5 months. They aren't used to people and they try to hide any time they hear someone coming. The...

View more questions Search