Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plazar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 07:53 PM
    Electrical -- distance of a short from POC
    How do you find a short in a wire with a multitester?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2013, 08:33 PM
    You don't... its not sensitive enough or designed for that purpose... there are test sets for that purpose... They are called a Time Domain Reflectometer... and tend to be rather expensive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

M Tech in Electrical by distance education [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about distance education for MTech in Electrical.I like to know about the MTech courses and colleges in Andhra Pradesh and their proceedures to apply.

Electrical short [ 19 Answers ]

I was drilling a hole for an antenna wire and hit a wire inside the wall. Of course this flipped the breaker. But after splicing the damaged section of wire, the breaker no longer works. Bought a new breaker and after several hours, discovered that the left hot bus bar no longer works. As in every...

Long distance relationship for a short period of time- what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, any time I have asked a question I have always gotten some really hopeful and helpful answers- so here goes... My boyfriend will be moving to europe for a great job opportunity in just a few weeks... he really wants my son and I to come and feels he is ready to be a family, taking this job...

Distance between electrical outlets [ 6 Answers ]

What is the minimum distance between duplex electrical outlets in a home

Electrical short? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a house with circuit breakers that are at least 15 years old. I had a ceiling fan with lighting fixture that, when the fan was on and I tried to turn the light on - the light bulb would "explode". I don't mean burn out - I literally mean expode. So I bought a new fan with/...

View more questions Search