Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaimad24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Relinquish parental rights
    My step son-in-law says he is going to give up complete rights to his children. The mother would have sole responsibility. Can he do that in Mississippi?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Sure he can do that, but it does not mean he is giving up his financial responsibility, only the responsibility to make legal and medical decisions regarding the children. He will still be responsible for them financially.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquish parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of North Carolina how does a father voluntary relinquish his parental rights and give all rights to the mother?

Getting him to relinquish his parental right [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I received a box from the UPS man. It was a package from my daughter's father. He is behind on his child support and hasn't seen her since Christmas of 2005. How can I get him to give up his parental rights without a fight??

Voluntary relinquish parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I separated years ago, and during the separation, I lived with another man and we now have a six year old. My husband has since divorced me, and we never claimed my son during the divorce, we need to know how to go about getting his rights voluntarily relinquished, and have my son's...

Father wants to relinquish parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania. My daughter is almost 6 years old. Her biological father has not seen her since she was 12 days old but he has been paying child support for about 6 months now. I've been remarried for 4 1/2 years and my daughter has known my new husband as her father since she was 7...

Relinquish Paternal Rights & Adopt spouse's child [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my husband now for 2 years (legally married just recently). I have a 5 year old son from a previous relationship (never married). My husband wants to legally adopt my son and I know that my son's biological father has to relinquish his paternal rights. My questions are: do I...

View more questions Search