Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikewilt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 10:50 PM
    My 2003 cal spa 5000 will not power on
    I have a 2003 cal spa cs5000. I got it used. It worked just fine before we moved it to my house. I installed it and filled it up and nothing. It won't turn on. No power no nothing. I checked all the fuses and they are OK. I bought a new transformer installed it and it still does not run. Please if you can help me out to get this spa running I would appreciate it so much.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jun 19, 2013, 05:57 AM
    I believe that year still had a magnetic door interlock. There's a magnet on the door, that contacts a magnetic switch on the control box, when the door is closed. The door HAS to be closed for the spa to operate. On the control box, there's a small black cylinder that protrudes, that the magnet on the door contacts and "activates"... possibly the magnet on the door fell off during transit.. or became misaligned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal spa vx860l no power with breaker on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2008 Cal Spas VX860L. It has worked fine all these years and then last night no power. Found the breaker had tripped but when I reset it, it doesn't trip again but I still have no power to the spa?

2004 Cal Spa 5000 turning itself off during heat up [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a 2004 Cal Spa 5000 used. We had it wired by an electrician, filled it up, released air from valves, and then turned it on. It made a humming noise and the jets turned on when we pressed the jets button. The temperature said 69 degrees. After less than a minute, the jets turned off...

Cal spa whisper 5000 heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a calspa with a whisper 5000 it will not heat up past 89 is there two stages of the heater and one is out I have 124 volts to each lug to the heater any advice would be great thanks

I have a 2003 cal spa with no heat. It is a 5000 series controller with an xl heater. [ 4 Answers ]

I have 120 volts at both lugs of the heater. Should I assume the element is bad? It is supposed to have a lifetime warranty but I have read bad things about cal spas service. Anybody have any ideas?

Cal spa 5000 heater not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cal Spa 5000 and it was manufactured in 2003. It will not heat up and the jets are running with the thermos stat set to 100 degrees . I have turned the power on and off but still have no heat. Thanks

View more questions Search