Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanzzz9 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2013, 03:29 PM
    Fighting religion. Will I regret being free?
    I was born and raised in a strict religious family and recently I realized that Im much happier being an atheist. Not having restrictions living free is so much less depressing. I am a virgin because of my religion and well I want to lose it but my biggest fear is regret, What if one day I return to my religion and I regret having sex. In my religion if a girl isn't a virgin no guy would marry her. As of now I do not want to marry someone of my religion but what if one day I decided to marry someone of similar religion. What do I do?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 03:40 PM
    You have to figure out what you want. Do you believe in the practices and teaching of the religion you were raised in? If not, and you're happy with that decision, then live your life according to your new beliefs.

Frankly, it doesn't sound like you're ready to give up your beliefs. It sounds like you just want an excuse to have sex before marriage.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 03:56 PM
    You do nothing until you get your head on straight about what you want. Then you will have no guilt or regrets, or do something stupid. You have too many issues in your life right now and much healing to do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Even atheists don't "live free." They are responsible and introspective. Why would you have sex now? Why are you so eager to lose your virginity?

What if you NEVER return to your religion and still regret not saving yourself for your husband or at least a partner you love with all your heart?
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Reading ALL her postings its clear the girl is in deep pain. She wants relief, and thinks if suicide doesn't do it, sex will. Normal feelings after being assaulted and her world being turned upside down.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2013, 05:33 PM
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with being an atheist - I am one, feel free to ask me anything about it.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 15, 2013, 10:55 AM
    You have to learn lot about yourself and religion. virginity only does not decide your faith or belief in god. So just to have sex, you don't have to bring religion into it. God is beyond such small things, its people who make it big issue. I think you need to face and deal with such people.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2013, 02:02 AM
    An atheist does not have sex just because they can, most stay virgins till they find the right person.

And people with religion have sex before marriage
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2013, 08:30 PM
    If you don't look at Christianity as religious restrictions and look at the Bible as guiding you as to what is best for your spiritual growth then it frees you to see that the freedom you think you have away from God is not real freedom.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2013, 08:58 PM
    I will not, she did not say she was Christian, just religious, and it is posted under other.

So she could be various other religions
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2013, 12:52 AM
    I read your other posts. You are in a tailspin of confusion and 'reactive' behavior and thinking. I suggest that you do nothing with religion or with men for at least a year. You are only 20.
    Religions and 'isms' like atheism are just neat little instruction brochures. Alone, they don't fill the need for meaning of life, purpose, ethics and morals, or why there is unfairness and tragedy. Each of us needs to search within for a spiritual self, and if God or Allah or whomever is the light at the end of the tunnel, then fine, pick a religion, and if not, be an atheist or agnostic or don't call yourself anything, but do create a philosophy for yourself of right and wrong and meaning.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Oops! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to joypulv again

I read your other posts. You are in a tailspin of confusion and 'reactive' behavior and thinking. I suggest that you do nothing with religion or with men for at least a year. You are only 20.
    Totally agree! Invest time in yourself to sort yourself out. Be good to yourself, and it will come together in a healthy way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some similar in the newer religion and the older religion [ 2 Answers ]

What are some similar between the newer and older religions?

Where can I get FREE pH.D in religion [ 2 Answers ]

I want to attaina Ph.D. My funds are very low. Is there a Free Ph.d on religious studies anywhere

Gender equality in religion in the islamic religion [ 0 Answers ]

Is there any gender equality in the muslim religion

Tax Free religion [ 24 Answers ]

Is it fair that churches pay no taxes yet businesses have to? It seems as if they constantly are begging for your money and appear to be living fat off the hog? Just wondering.

View more questions Search