Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rita_7yy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 06:02 AM
    How to improve reading and writing
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am a Chinese student who has great interest in English. I want to improve my writing which is very essential for my future study in American university.I tried several methods but I couldn't feel any progress. It seems like I stay at the same place where I started. Disappointed as I am, I ask for your great help and I really appreciate it.:)

I have some questions which make me confused for a long time. I would really appreciate it if you could address them.
    First of all, it sounds easy to KISS (keep it simple and simple), but how could I know whether my writing appeals to another person? I means how could I find out if my work is appropriately simple, not stupid simple.
    Secondly, how could I choose right words at the right place? Is reading a lot really helpful to improve writing? If is, which kind of book or article is better for study?
    Thirdly is it useful to remember an article or many sentence structure and then use them in writing? Actually I tried this method but I forgot them after certain time. I felt so depressed.
    Finally, it is a better choice to find a teacher who can teach me specifically face-to-face ?

Thanks for your great help

Sincerely
    Rita:confused:
    wonder-kitten Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rita_7yy
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am a Chinese student who has great interest in English. I want to improve my writing which is very essential for my future study in American university.I tried several methods but I couldn't feel any progress. It seems like i stay at the same place where i started. Disappointed as i am, i ask for your great help and i really appreciate it.:)

I have some questions which make me confused for a long time. I would really appreciate it if you could address them.
    First of all, it sounds easy to KISS (keep it simple and simple), but how could i know whether my writing appeals to another person? I means how could i find out if my work is appropriately simple, not stupid simple.
    Secondly, how could i choose right words at the right place? Is reading a lot really helpful to improve writing? If is, which kind of book or article is better for study?
    Thirdly is it useful to remember an article or many sentence structure and then use them in writing? Actually i tried this method but i forgot them after certain time. I felt so depressed.
    Finally, it is a better choice to find a teacher who can teach me specifically face-to-face ?

Thanks for your great help

Sincerely
    Rita:confused:
    Hi,

I can answer a couple of your questions, but not all of them. I am an American, but a student also. I believe that reading does help you write better, in my experience. I think it works best if you choose books that will challenge you, but not too much. Any type of book should help improve, just as long as it is at your level. I would choose a face-to-face teacher, but you have to beable to be someone your comforable with. Hope I helped answer a few of your questions.
    Sincerely,
    Nicole

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Improve vertical jumping [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Hey Hey, I'm about 5'11 my goal is to touch the rim by March or so when I jump I need about 10 inches to touch the rim. I was thinking about buying SpringBak soles, has anyone ever used them? If so did they work and how much did I add to your jump? And if you got any good programs or anything...

Can someone help me improve on basketball? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in 8th grade and only 5'2 but I really want to get better so I can make my high school team and I practice a lot but it doesn't seem to work So can someone help me out?

Help improve my son's reading... [ 18 Answers ]

My son is 10 yrs old and now in the 5th grade. He has always struggled with reading but I'm worried that he is not improving well enough. I don't want him to have a hard time, as he gets older work will get harder. Are there any suggestions of workbooks, games, or programs that are a sure thing...

Improve Your Relationships [ 26 Answers ]

Improve Your Relationships The Power of Thought Love begins with our thoughts. We become what we think about. Loving thoughts create loving experiences and loving relationships. Affirmations can change our beliefs and thoughts about ourselves and others. If we want to love someone, we...

Reading and Writing [ 6 Answers ]

Should a child read first or write first?

View more questions Search