Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Waste and trap won't fit together
    I have a new whirlpool bath from b&q with a waste pipe supposedly measuring 1.5 inches as standard, however none of the 1.5 traps I have bought will fit this. I need a bath and b&q won't help. Any ideas?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 13, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Hi Scatty

Are we talking 1.5" TUBULAR tub waste assembly size VS 1.5" drain pipe size? If so, there is a transition fitting called a "trap adapter" (or desanco adapter) that mates these two different materials... ;)

Let us know the pipe type and size of the drain pipe (PVC, ABS, copper, etc. ) and the material of the "tub waste assembly" piping, OK?

Mark
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2013, 07:30 PM
    I believe you will need to make a trap or buy a PVC trap that is 1 1/2", not a poly sink trap. Schedule 40 PVC is bigger than the Poly piping used for sink traps. Flex PVC drains from a spa are usually the same size as schedule 40. That's how I had to do mine. Use PVC glue to mate the flex to the solid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New sink lower than old and p trap doesn't fit [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new sink that is one inch deeper than my old one. I can pull down the pipe and barely screw my p trap in, but now it leaks. I went looking for an extension piece, but the threads weren't right. I;m at my wits end!

Old drum trap removed. New j trap will not fit same space. Idea? [ 3 Answers ]

Had leak at base of tub drain extension. Cracked at elbow which then had another straight piece to a 2nd elbow that went into bottom of an old drum trap(circa 1940's) . Drum trap then emptied out top into what appears to be a 1 1/2 or 2 inch pipe. That pipe angles over into main cast iron drain...

My p trap does not fit snugly to my sink drain tail piece [ 1 Answers ]

New sink drain is smaller than p trap

P-trap to 2" waste pipe for a new sink [ 13 Answers ]

I'm installing a new sink. The iron waste pipe that sticks 4" out of the wall is 2" in diameter. My sink has a 1.25" drain pipe installed. I know that I can get a P-trap with 1.5" ion both ends, but can I get one with 1.5" on the sink end and 2" on the waste pipe end? If not, what are my...

Trap doesn't fit now [ 3 Answers ]

I just installed my new vanity top without any trouble. When I went to re-connect the pipes under the sink, I encountered a problem. For some reason (the new sink is basically in the same position as the old one was), the trap doesn't fit now. It's about 1/2 inch away from the pipe that drains into...

View more questions Search