Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikim1806 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Where is the "fossil record"?
    I want to find the record of fossils of giraffes from pre-okapi to now.
    Example
    Pre-okapi - 2 million years old found in tanzania
    One level removed - 1.8 million years old
    Two levels removed - 1.7 million years old
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 13, 2013, 02:38 PM
    All of this is available on Google, extensive information, darwin's theories and pre okapi.

I just typed in 'fossil record for giraffes pre okapi

Giraffe Evolution, Was Darwin Wrong? Part 1.

Jun 14, 2013, 06:36 AM
    Actually that is WHY it evolved and I don't care if Darwinian speculation is correct as to the reason for the long neck. I want to know the dates, names, dig sites, length of neck, etc
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Then you will have to 'dig' it up yourself. That is beyond my purvue in the way of accessing information. Of course if you had access to the archeological information from the museum that did these particular digs, then you would have all you need.

And maybe you can start saying, please, but I won't do your research for you.

Jun 14, 2013, 07:50 AM
    Forgive me for not using the magic word. Might I equally suggest that you not answer questions that you clearly have no background in.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2013, 07:52 AM
    No one has that background here. It is an extremely specific question. Seriously, how many people would know "dates, names, dig sites, length of neck, etc"?
    Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Actually, that is my background to a certain extent. No one with this background could answer your question right off the top of their head, without gathering this information, but I am not prepared to do that for you. It would take me days to go through contacts at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto.

We are all volunteers here with other jobs that keep us busy as well.

Rudeness isn't accepted here; and yes it is a magic word that opens doors.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Are you close to a university library or even a natural history museum that has a library? Even a large public library might have the database you need to access the research papers/digs findings and be able to do the searching/research on this topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

"plumber grade" vs "big box" vs "online" fixtures... [ 5 Answers ]

I have heard/read that there is a difference in the part quality, etc when purchasing faucets and plumbing parts from a showroom vs big box retailers vs online. Even if they are the same manufacturer part number? Are the big box and online parts less durable/made of cheaper components that the...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search