Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blabonte Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2013, 10:20 AM
    I haven't seen my dad in 19 years.
    I haven't seen my dad since I was 4 years old.. I am now 23. I know that he tried to make contact with me but my mother never let him. I am now married with 2 children of my own. I want to meet my father (again) and have a chance at a real relationship with him. I know his name and his approximate age and also I know a few of his former residents. Also I know that he was in the military when my mother met him. Can somebody please help me? It would be greatly appreciated.
    Smileyface13 Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Jun 14, 2013, 08:24 PM
    You're an adult now so you should be able to contact your father,maybe try talking to your mom. Maybe ask her why you can't see him. But also think, there might be a reason that she won't let you see him. I don't live with my father
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2013, 10:04 AM
    This is filed under missing persons so I am guessing you are looking for your father, not asking for advice on whether you can legally contact him.

I'm an investigator. I need his name, last address (if you have it, not that important), age or date of birth (as close as you can get it).

"Your an adult now so you should be able to contact your father,maybe try talking to your mom. Maybe ask her why you can't see him. But also think, there might be a reason that she won't let you see him. I don't live with my father"

I'm not reading that the mother won't allow the contact.

What am I missing?

I realize you don't live with your father, but aren't you 11 years old? She's 23, an entirely different situation.

Jun 25, 2013, 09:40 AM
    His name is Clinton Cleveland McClure.. I am assuming he is 43 0r 44 years old. I know he has lived in grapevine, tx and virginia beach, va.. but I am not sure of his address. Do you need anything else and thank you
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 25, 2013, 10:44 AM
    I'm hoping a pro comes on here for you to see if he or she can help you out. Give it time.

Have you tried reaching out to a private investigator or searching on the internet? I know you're probably hoping for help without paying a professional but just in case. There's also a show called "The Locator". It can't hurt to try.

I'll do the best I can in the meantime for you. You have looked up and tried to make contact with his former residents or no?

Sorry you had to deal with this. Good luck and hang in there for now.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 25, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Can you explain what you mean by his former 'residents?'

Jun 25, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blabonte View Post
    His name is Clinton Cleveland McClure.. i am assuming he is 43 0r 44 years old. i know he has lived in grapevine, tx and virginia beach, va.. but i am not sure of his address. do you need anything else and thank you
    I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. Are the 2 locations you mentioned where he was stationed while in the military? If not, do you know where he was stationed by any chance?
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 11:11 AM
    "I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. Are the 2 locations you mentioned where he was stationed while in the military? If not, do you know where he was stationed by any chance?"

I'm an investigator. That's what I do for a living. I am curious why you are asking the specific questions you are asking - and what does "former resident" mean? Why does his miitary service matter?

EDIT: When you want to locate someone, ask someone who actually knows how to go about it. Yes, I believe I've found him. I am reluctant to post personal info (and that includes his info) on the Intenet. I am asking a mod for permission to go off board (which is usually not allowed) and send you the info by PM. I am concerned that some over zealous AMHD member could make contact, contact him to see how the reunion is going, whatever.

And, yes, he's 43.

I will be back - I promise.

Jun 25, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Just for the heck of it, can you please try (MilitaryRecords.us.org -)
    Easier to just start with militaryrecordsnewyork.us.org

It will lead you to answer several questions. You don't have to know his exact height and so forth. You will see. Make sure you click on address/location info. When you get to it.

Blabonte, this is only one of many links you can check if you Google, "How to find someone that was in the military" There was "1 find" the name Clinton Cleveland McClure but this is tough. Don't want you to get your hopes up just yet as there can be many people with the same name. Most sites are free to download records such as this but they do ask for $1.

My father is trying to help as well. I'll check back later or tomorrow. Don't give up!

Jun 25, 2013, 12:52 PM
    See the thing is I don't have credit card right at this moment so there is no way that I can go on there and get the information that I need:( and every time they say something is free you always end up having to pay something and never get the info... but I will try it

Jun 25, 2013, 12:55 PM
    Judykaytee>>> you said that you think that u found him? Well.. I would love for u to send me the information.. you can do it via email or you can call me.. which do u perfer?
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 01:12 PM
    I have asked that your email be removed.

I am walking out the door to work but will send tomorrow.

You will recognize my user name.

And, yes, I think it's your Dad.

Sorry for the delay - but I was out, now back, now out again.
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 01:15 PM
    "Blabonte, this is only one of many links you can check if you google, "How to find someone that was in the military" There was "1 find" the name Clinton Cleveland McClure but this is tough. Don't want you to get your hopes up just yet as there can be many people with the same name. Most sites are free to download records such as this but they do ask for $1."

- and then they send you spam for the rest of your life.

You are making irresponsible recommendations and recommending unreliable sites.

Do you read what other people post? I found him.

Tell your father he can stop searching. unless, of course, he's also a private investigator. If so, he can take over from me at any time.

Jun 25, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Thanks judykaytee... will talk tommorrow:)
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 01:37 PM
    Sent from my laptop - check your email.

Sounds like him for the reasons I gave in the email.

Fingers crossed.

Jun 25, 2013, 08:44 PM
    Oh that would be GREAT!! Blabonte, I almost just replied to you but I see you messaged someone that might have located him. I would have used my cc just to see if it would have helped. I really would have.
    Good luck and I am praying for you so much!

Take good care! Smiles at you... T
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2013, 08:02 AM
    "I would have used my cc just to see if it would have helped. I really would have.
    Good luck and I am praying for you so much!!"

Why would you have used a credit card to look up this person's father on an unreliable site after someone "in the business" told you that it is a bad idea?

Why would you have provided this type of personal info - both the name of the father and the son - to a site which you have already been told is unreliable and, quite frankly, is not safe?

For that matter, you were "... hoping a pro comes on here for you to see if he or she can help you out. Give it time. Have you tried reaching out to a private investigator ..." One did come on here - you had "better" advice.

Just wondering -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend who I haven't seen in 8 years [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my best friend (both girls) haven't seen each other in 8 years. Im not bi or lez, but I don't know about her. She is coming to see me in two weeks and I have never kissed a girl before but I want to try it and we are both 16. What do I do HELP ME PLZZ!! How doci tell her I want to experiment...

I haven't seen my brother in almost 11 years. [ 2 Answers ]

My broher left our area about 11 years ago and I have not seen him. How can I search for him and not have to pay the expensive price that I've been asked to pay in the past.

I haven't had a cycle in 2 years. [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had a cycle for 2 years I started spotting on Sunday. It comes and go. I really only see it when I wipe. What could this be?:confused:

View more questions Search