Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlene1939 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Insects / Parasites in Clothing!
    I have the very same problem as described by the person who originated this title, although it appears to have been closed. My husband has been searching the internet for this 'bug' problem I have been having for the past five or so months. They seem to live in my hair and in my crotch.

I have tried everything to get rid of them - Premethin, RID, and just about everything I can think of. I can feel that putting these two poisons on my scalp is affecting my ability to function mentally, so I really don't want to do that again, especially since it was a futile attempt to eliminate them. At night in bed I can feel them running around on my body and in my hair. I put vaseline in my crotch because it slows them down enough that I can grab them with a tissue and dispose of them. I stay in the shower with shampoo on my scalp for as long as there is hot water, then rinse it off. During the shower, I am continually scratching my scalp, trying to get rid of these things.

I have seen these little almost invisible tiny wisps of white actually fly off my fingers and sometimes fall into my sink full of water while I am scratching my scalp over the basin in an attempt to get rid of them. I have also seen tiny little white dots, and black dots as well come off my scalp in my fingernails. (No, I do not have dandruff.) I assume these are the same bug in different forms of their lives.

We think our little doggie has the same issue going on as he is constantly digging at his crotch, and does not have fleas or a skin disease.

I haven't had a good night's sleep in so long because as soon as I lay down, they start moving about. I can feel when they bite my scalp and even in my crotch and rectum. I have tiny red dots about my body where they have bitten me.

I believe they are planting their eggs under my skin and have tried to suffocate them by covering all of these spots with top coat nail polish. It seems to slow down the amount of bugs on my body, but they still keep hatching coming from somewhere.

If anybody has had any luck in your search for a remedy, please share with me.

Charlene in Northern California
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 12, 2013, 09:53 PM
    Does your husband also experience this?

Have you seen a doctor about it?
    charlene1939 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 10:43 PM
    No my husband has been free of the problem.

Yes, I have seen my doctor twice. The first time he prescribed Premethrin which didn't work. At the 2nd appt, he said he had another patient who was having the same problem and couldn't get rid of the bugs. He suggested we get some RID. That didn't work either - bugs were busy crawling around all the while the RID was on my scalp. Between these two drugs, I had headaches and what seemed to be a bit of confusion after the RID.

Anyway, the only time I had anything work was when I dyed my hair. There were no bugs for about 2-3 days. Then, some eggs must have hatched and they were back again.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 12, 2013, 10:46 PM
    I just find it odd that your husband doesn't have this too. I mean, it makes sense that if you have some sort of infestation, it would happen to him as well.

Has anyone else been able to see these bugs? Don't take this the wrong way, as I really mean no offense with this, but mental illness has been ruled out, right?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2013, 10:54 PM
    Have you ever scratched your head over a sheet of blank printer paper and then used a magnifying glass to look at whatever falls out?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...47883778,d.cGE

Does this sound like a possibility?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insects / Parasites in Clothing! [ 48 Answers ]

HELP!! Does anyone know what this is? Can you help me research this pest? I've been searching the internet and writing people for several weeks. Yet I haven't been able to find information on this pest. So it must be something new. People are contracting a tiny white insect, arthropod,...

View more questions Search