Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginger2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2013, 03:07 PM
    A way of finding out if phone is tapped?
    I'm just curious to know if my land line is tapped. I have a feeling that my crazy, controlling husband is listening in to my conversations. We have Xfinity home phone and internet service and he does not let me have access to the bill or any bill that's connected to Comcast. He's been acting suspiciously also, that I think he is secretly view what's happening in our home via his iPad. Does anyone know how those gadgets work? I'm really embarrassed. My folks are coming down from North Carolina next week, and I'm afraid to tell them that they might be under surveillance by my crazy husband. Thanks in advance.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 12, 2013, 03:13 PM
    One thing you can do if you have a cell phone is unplug everything else. That way the only way anything is getting out is if he is within radio signal. That's is a very inlikely thing to happen.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 12, 2013, 04:26 PM
    Xfinity is VoIP I believe. So it can't be tapped like a normal landline phone. He would have to use a packet sniffer on your cable modem. However, he can see a record of all your calls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding a cell phone number! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I'm new to this I was wondering if you know how to find someone's cell phone number on the internet database without using a debit or credit card, I have a second question as well, My name is Tim Haman, I'm 23 years old and homeless, trying my best to find a job and a place to live and get...

Cell phone finding [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to find a lost phone on the internet such as location of where it is at?

Finding a bad phone jack [ 3 Answers ]

All my pnoe jaccks have no dail tone.I have about ten in the house ,I did to know how I would find out which one is bad,I believe this line is what is referred to as a piggy back since I have just one line for all jacks.I have allreay checked the nic box and there is a dail tone there just not...

Tapped phone line? [ 5 Answers ]

My neighbor told me that her boyfriend rigged her lines in her apartment. She told me she could hear everything I'm saying on the phone. She has a cordless And I have a cordless. Do you think she's just pulling my leg? Or do you think I Should just talk on a regular phone so she...

View more questions Search