Want to connect it to the wall colors
    Which are crazy and dashed.

How?

Thanks

[email protected]
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 12, 2013, 02:19 PM
    I assume that the wiring in the wall consists of a blue/blue-white pair and an orange/orange-white pair (is that what you meant by "crazy and dashed?"). In most cases, but not all, the blue/blue-white pair is the first active line in the house. If you're handy with a volt-meter you can check it by looking for 48 volts DC on the pair. But if you don't have a voltmeter I would suggest that for a first attempt simply connect the red and green wires from the telephone set to the blue and blue-white pair, and see if you get dial tone (it shouldn't matter whether you connect red to blue and green to blue-white, or vice versa). If you get dial tone, then since this is a rotary phone it should work as expected. If you don't get dial tone then try connecting the red & green to the orange/orange-white pair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Color of wire [ 3 Answers ]

I have three wires coming out of a motor on a two post car lift, yellow, blue, and gray. Which is the hot wires?

How do you wire two phone hand sets with a 9 volt batt. For wire tracing [ 0 Answers ]

I have 2 phone handsets that I want to wire up for communicating on electrical wiring for tracing purposes. I built a set about 20 years ago but I do not remember how to wire them now. I know there is a 9 volt battery and a toggle switch.

Telco color code phone jack [ 1 Answers ]

This is a single line wall jack. The jack has 4 screws from left to right-black,red,green,yellow. The 6 wires from the wall are solid red,solid green,solid blue,white with red,white with blue,white with green What goes to what?

Color of phone jack wires [ 5 Answers ]

I've searched and found many sites the list several color combinations of phone jack wires but, none of them match our colors. We have solid colors; light orange and dark orange twisted together; light brown and dark brown twisted together; ligt blue and dark blue twisted together and light green...

Cat-5 wiring to a phone Jack which color scheme to use? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I need to place an extra phone jack for the computer. I want to use Cat-5 since I cannot get a hold of any Cat-3. I don't know which colors to use blue/w just blue both to do the connection from the main old time connection box in the basement to the phone jack. Any advice in how to choose...

View more questions Search