Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyuioplkjhvvh Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 07:14 AM
    Missed my period
    I had unprotected sex on my 4th day and I took ipill before 12 hrs.this month still I did not get my periods .my periods are late by one week.. what step should I take now??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 07:49 AM
    Wait another week and take a HPT.

Jun 10, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Are you sure??
    Because I am tensed a lot.. what if the hpt test shows positive??
    Can I take any birth control pills like plan be or next choice?
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 11:47 AM
    Birth control won't do anything if you are pregnant. It is too late to take Plan B or Next Choice. Those are designed to be taken within 72 hours after intercourse.

Jun 10, 2013, 11:56 AM
    Then what step I should take ,to avoid pregancy?
    Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 11:59 AM
    You first have to find out if you are pregnant. If you are, you will have some choices to make, like abortion or adoption.

Jun 11, 2013, 08:25 AM
    Doubt
    Can a girl get pregnant when she had unprotected sex during her periods?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2013, 08:27 AM
    Anytime there is penile insertion there is the risk of pregnancy. The risk can be minimized, but not eliminated.

Since you posted this under Child an Teen Health, I assume you are not an adult. No one should be engaging in sexual intercourse unless they are prepared to have a child.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 11, 2013, 08:28 AM
    Yes - the odds are just smaller. But even if she is in the small odds group, and she gets pregnant, she is 100% pregnant.
    Ovulation doesn't always happen mid-cycle, cycles can be long or short (no matter how regular they WERE), and sperm can live 3 days. All that is nature's conspiracy to ensure the renewal of the species.

Jun 11, 2013, 08:37 AM
    But ovulation won't occur ? Then there are no possibilites
    current pert

Jun 11, 2013, 08:39 AM
    I meant that ovulation doesn't always happen mid-cycle (although that's the norm); it can happen at any time in the cycle.

Jun 11, 2013, 08:42 AM
    What if she had taken an ipill after 10 hrs of unprotected sex ? Then are they any chances of pregnancy?
    current pert

Jun 11, 2013, 09:12 AM
    We can't keep playing 20 questions!
    A woman can always get pregnant on a probability scale from way below 1% to 100%. A woman will always have to wait until she can take a test. Stop having unprotected sex, and let all this worry be a lesson.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 11, 2013, 09:15 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...od-752993.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 11, 2013, 09:29 AM
    I've merged your two threads. Please don't start multiple threads over the same issue.

I understand that you are stressed about this, but the time to ask these questions were BEFORE you agreed to have sex. Once he entered you, the possibility of pregnancy became a reality. We can't tell you whether you are pregnant or not. Only that it is possible you are. You need to wait about 2 weeks after your period was due and take a test according to instructions.

If you are pregnant, then you need to make some decisions about what you are going to do about it. But you need to make them quickly, because the fetus will need care. If you are not pregnant, I hope you take this scare as a lesson and stop engaging in risky behavior.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I missed my period for 2 months, my period start for couple hours and it stop [ 3 Answers ]

2 months I missed my period and last Monday my period started up again and it only last for couple of hours. I don't know what's going. Is this mean I'm pregnant or not?

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

Short period, missed period, unprotected sex, brown discharge am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I'm on the pill and I had my period for about 3 days then took pills for 2 days I was unable to get to the doc and got my period for one more day I had unprotected sex the following day and my boyfriend went inside me I didn't take my pills for the rest of the month me and my boyfriend...

Missed period becaz I missed depo-provera shot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Nicole I had a child in September and didn't get depo-provera until October. I was due for the next shot in January but I missed d shot, but I saw my period in January and February and now I've missed my period in march. I'm worried if I might be pregnant again.

Missed period after on depo shot for 3.5 yrs, had a normal period now missed? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on the depo provera shot for 3.5 years, I discontiued the shot in July of 2009. I had my first normal period May 7 2010 and I haven't had one since, what could be wrong? I took a pregnancy test but it came up negative.

View more questions Search