Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Texaslady75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2013, 05:08 PM
    My 7 yr old sees and hears spirits
    My daughter has always has a gift I guess you would call it and has really made some believers out if people. I thought she would out grow it but she is seeing more and hearing more and she has even given me messages and known things that there is no way she could had known. I'm not sure how to help her understand it and now she has one she is scared of. I promise we are not crazy people. I just need to know if anyone has any advice
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 10, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Most 7 year old's see and talk to people that aren't there... they are called imaginary friends... and are a result of the active imaginations most young kids have.

If you want to believe something your mind can find a way to justify almost anything as a sign. That's how "fortune tellers" ply their trade.

Make a statement broad enough.. and like a broken clock... its right at least twice a day.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 12, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Indeed, how can you help her to understand a situation like this when you don't understand it yourself. I'm not here to say who is lying and who isn't... or who is telling the truth and who isn't. I believe these things do happen, and happen quite frequently more than some might think.

This isn't a gift your daughter possesses. Think of it more as a spirit coming to her and ALLOWING her to see it. Spirits have a will and a great many powers and abilities. They can be seen by whom they want, when they want. Spirit are very likely manifesting to her... it's nothing she has done. Spirits are able to communicate information most people wouldn't know because they are UNSEEN entities, that are very aware of things that go on in our lives. It's very easy for them to even act as though they know the future.

But smoothy has a point as well... which is also a valid explanation. You're the parent, you decide whether your child is sincere or not.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Either way do not discourage her. Learn to discern if and when it is imagination, her crying out for attention or a spirit. Children are more open to spirits because they haven't been taught its wrong so you do not want to instil that in her in case she is open to the spiritual realm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Spirits and good spirits visiting my 2 year old daughter [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. My fiancé and I, and our 2 year old daughter just recently moved into an apartment in May. About a week after we moved in I started having these weird feelings. But now its getting worse. For the past 2 months I have awaken to feeling like I am being choked and sat on. One night I even awoke to...

My 8 year old sees spirits [ 13 Answers ]

Recently my 8 year old son has been telling me he sees spirits yesterday he was having a bath and I heard him say "you can't have me devil I'm a child of God I send you back to the pits of hell where you belong!"I went in there and he told me there was a man in black standing next to the towel.. he...

I'm 14 and I think I'm being haunted - but nobody else hears it [ 5 Answers ]

It happened about a couple days after 2010 christmas and I was in my room and my sister felt a bit scared so slept on my bedroom floor it was about 2 am and my dad left to get my mum from work . My sister went to sleep so I was watching TV and the TV was on out in the lounge, our house is an old...

My daughter sees spirits in form of large hairie animal? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello good day, my two daughters one 24 and the other 12 are often desturbed by some forms showing themselves as hairie sort of animal , and this thing is nasty , like opening taps, pulling hair when they are sleeping , breeding on they necks from behind, after serius talk with them I realized...

View more questions Search