Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeromel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Flooding with hydronic heating systems
    Can a burst pipe in a Hydronic heating system cause flooding until the water is shut off manually or does the system shut itself down and stop the water flow?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Most residential systems have a direct waterline connection to the main waterline servicing the home and unless a special pressure DROP differential valve has been installed the broken pipe will flow water until someone turns off the water manually.
    jeromel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2013, 11:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Most residential systems have a direct waterline connection to the main waterline servicing the home and unless a special pressure DROP differential valve has been installed the broken pipe will flow water until someone turns off the water manually.
    Can the "special pressure DROP differential valve" be installed at the main waterline thus safeguarding both the house and the heating system from flooding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding hydronic baseboard heating [ 4 Answers ]

This past summer, roofers put a nail through one of the pipes of our hydronic heating system that runs in the attic to the baseboard across the room. This was repaired, and the system seems to be working fine, except for that set of baseboards now. Every other baseboard that is fed from under the...

Hydronic floor heating [ 6 Answers ]

My heating system is oil hot water, radiators. I'm remodeling a bath, can I take out the radiator and connect the feed and return to pex tubing running under the floor?

Bleeding Hydronic Baseboard heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I have just moved into an old house in New Jersey and the house has two separate heating zones: one thermostat upstairs and one thermostat downstairs. The upstairs thermostat is currently inoperative, so a PSE&G technician circumvented the problem, and now both upstairs and downstairs are being...

Hydronic heating pipe size [ 4 Answers ]

I wish to install a hydronic kick plate heater but it only has 1/2" inlet & outlets the zone has 3/4"pipe should I put in a bypass around the heater to keep the flow the same?

Hydronic heating system [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a licensed electrician that's been asked to hook up a 4 zone hydronic heating system which I have never worked with before. It's a mighty therm boiler model HH-PH, using RIB2041D relays 24 volt thermostat and a side wall vent. I've got all the 120 volt hook-up done and the relays hooked in...

View more questions Search