Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaijsaray Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2013, 11:38 AM
    Can a Kidney Infection turn into kidney failure answer needed asap
    If you don't take your antiboitcs for a uti and kidney infection can it turn into kidney failure and how fast? Is it normal for people to feel like the infection is gone and no more symptoms without taking antibotics?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 11:49 AM
    Yes, it can depending on what type of infection is causing the UTI (most commonly it's E. coli) - but either way it usually takes time, it doesn't just happen over night and it's not especially common.

Some UTI's can go away on their own, or the symptoms can become less noticeable by a person with time (depending on the person obviously).

But, if you do have antibiotics that have been prescribed you should still take them until you run out or have been instructed to stop. If you still have symptoms after that, I'd suggest another trip to the doctor.

If for some reason you suspect a kidney infection and have not been to the doctor I would highly suggest a trip. The best way to tell if you have an infection is to have the appropriate tests performed.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jun 8, 2013, 11:51 AM
    Yes. This is not something to play around with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney failure [ 1 Answers ]

How can we decrease serum creatinine

Can a Kidney Infection turn into kidney failure answer needed asap [ 6 Answers ]

Can a Kidney Infection turn into Kidney Failure? I was hospitalized and put on antibiotics for 2-3 days but still was given antibiotics to go home with but if they aren't taken could the infection turn into kidney failure

Can I kidney stone that has not passed turn into an infection? How would I know? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has had a very small kidney stone that has not passed and it has been over 6 months. We have went to the hospital 3 times and they all say the same thing... "not big enough to break up, will pass on its own." I want to know if maybe he may have a kidney infection because he is still in...

Kidney failure [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! My dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure. She will not eat and rarely drink or go to the bathroom. She just lays around, coughs, and vomits flem. The doctor says we need to put her down. The doctor had given her some medicine and vitamins. I am wondering if there is ANYTHING...

View more questions Search