Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needtoknow222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 07:32 PM
    After Pelvic Exam...
    I had a routine yearly exam done 9 days ago and have been experiencing pain on right ovary area since. I also began menstrual bleeding today, 5 days ahead of schedule. I'm always on a regular cycle. Is this ovary pain/early menstruation something to be concerned about?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2013, 07:33 PM
    Nothing to be concerned of really. Your cervix was manipulated during the exam, as was your ovaries. This can tend to bring on an early period with more exaggerated symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sedation for pelvic exam [ 1 Answers ]

I have sever anxiety and panic attacks. Is there anywhere that would be able to sedate me for a pelvic exam?

Pain after pelvic exam [ 0 Answers ]

Is it normal to be to have soreness after a pelvic exam?

First pelvic exam [ 1 Answers ]

What can I expect for my first pelvic exam? What will I be asked to do?

Checking the size of the uterus with a pelvic exam [ 2 Answers ]

During what week of pregnancy will a doctor notice a change in the size of the uterus (when he does the bimanual part of the pelvic exam)? I've heard it's 6-8 weeks. Is that true? So would he feel a change in a pregnant woman's uterus size 7.5 weeks after she last had sex (putting her at least...

Pelvic exam [ 6 Answers ]

Bah, this sounds like a stupid concern, but I don't know, it bugs the hell out of me. My girlfriend is (most likely) about to go on birth control, which means she's going to be having her first pelvic exam. And from what little I know of it, it's a... stretch... in most cases, so I guess my worry...

View more questions Search