Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrianL0075 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 05:51 PM
    I always had modem in bridge mode, then use my own router for changing mac and ip, now I left modem in router mode so maybe that's why new mac on router doesn't give me new ip
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 7, 2013, 06:15 PM
    A MAC address is a hardware encoded address. You can't change it. Maybe using bridge mode changes the way your ISP assigns IPs. But I doubt it. I think the ISP changed their system.
    BrianL0075 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2013, 10:09 AM
    All working now, as I suspected issue was modem not being in bridge mode, now that it is.. works like a charm, every time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect Mac Powerbook G3 to internet via my router [ 2 Answers ]

I have a BT Wireless Network 1250 router to which one PC is connected physically and another PC connects using a USB Netgear adaptor. I want to also connect a Powerbook G3 but am told it is too old a machine to take an airport card. I have tried plugging it in physically to the router but no...

How to print via router from Mac and PC - HP LaserJet 3055 [ 0 Answers ]

Hi - I've got my all in one printer connected via the USB directly into my wireless router. My mac saw the printer right away and no problem installing and using. My PC (which is a brand new PC - newest WIndows) is not going so well. I can't see the printer on the "network" which I think makes...

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing ro [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing routers and not changing plans

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Configure D-Link router with Mac [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried 192.168.0.1 but it does not take me to the site. What do I do?

View more questions Search