Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meat563 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2013, 07:19 AM
    2007 Street Glide electrical
    The other day when I switched into second gear and gave it throttle, the bike nearly died and my radio went off. The radio then came back on and the bike was fine. On that same ride a little later the radio would go off then come back on a few times. Tried it again a couple of days later and it almost died again when I switched into second gear and tried to throttle up. The bike is an 07 street glide
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2013, 02:43 PM
    Look for a wire that is touching the shift mechanism. Probably grounds out shifting.
    harleydad43110 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
    2nd gear is usually when most riders throttle up higher than other gears. I would guess that 2nd gear issue is more of irony than anything else. Check the wiring harness inside your fairing. My wife has a street glide and that bike is known for the inner support on the fairing to break resulting in a LOT of vibrations. That shaking could very easily loosen any wire. You said on the same ride the radio went out again-were you shifting again? If not, I would definitely suggest pulling the fairing and taking a look. If you have never done that then you might want to consider taking it in for service. Pulling your fairing is a bit of work and there are a lot of wires in there.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2007 Ultra Glide starting issues [ 0 Answers ]

At times I have problems with my bike starting, it acts like there's a safety switch enabled , kind of like the bike is in gear and not in the neutral position for starting it doesn't do anything. It's not a key fob issue I've changed batteries out when this happens either. Any idea's??

Street street light installation [ 3 Answers ]

How do I install 12 numbers of 250 watt bulb of street light

Electrical issue in 2007 chevy venture? [ 5 Answers ]

Over the summer my passenger side window quit going up intermitently, then it quit going up all together in the rain. Now it won't go down at all, I did replace the switch that did not make any difference. Now the drivers window I noticed is starting to do the same thing. I also noticed that the...

Is this a Power Glide transmission? [ 2 Answers ]

Is this a Power Glide trans and if so for what applications. I have tried researching online but can't find an exact match. Any help is appreciated. Marked 2400066 2A. I believe that's the important number but here are some others from the case. F2464425 & 1113055 & L23MR. Thank you. ...

View more questions Search