Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juvytgorin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 01:46 PM
    How can I get ex to have a DNA test for our child?
    I've got pregnant with my ex boyfriend. It was 8 years ago. Now my daughter is seven years old.

The father of my child is a Danish and he lives and work in Hong Kong up to the present. Ever since he ignored my messages when I talked about our child. I did all my best for my child to have a good education and a good life since I gave birth with her. After a few months I came back in Hong Kong to work again for my child's need and it's so difficult for me to be far of my child. Both of us we did the sacrifices. Now I've got a news from a friend of his that he's married with a chinese woman and had a son. I would like to ask what should I do? I am willing to make a DNA test but the father doesn't.

I have the right to ask for a DNA test for my child and to his father just to prove the truth that he is the real father of my daughter. But what should I do if the father doesn't want to cooperate?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 01:58 PM
    He doesn't have to cooperate unless it is court ordered i.e. for support payments to prove paternity. Is this is why you are asking?

You don't have to make a DNA test, you are the mother. He can't be forced to unless it is court ordered and that will be difficult country to country. Are you looking for him to provide for your daughter?
    juvytgorin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2013, 02:05 PM
    Yes ,because our child now is seven years old and since birth she don't see her father,my ex boyfriend lives and work in Hongkong until now he is a danish national.

I am so pity for my child because she's asking about her father .and I've got a news from a friend of him that she's married now with a chinese woman and they have son.Now I am here in canada How to do the court process ?is it expensive?because I don't have enough money for the moment.please help
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2013, 03:00 PM
    You need an Attorney if you are in different Countries. You have also waited a long time to do anything and it appears you never did anything until you found out that the father married someone else.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2013, 04:25 PM
    You can't force him to be a father. Not knowing Chinese law, I would doubt if they would order a DNA test just to prove he is the father There is no purpose in it.

If you want child support then you file for support. If he denies paternity, then the court can order a test.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 10, 2013, 11:44 AM
    If you want child support then you file for support. If he denies paternity, then the court can order a test.
    ... and it must be done in Denmark...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a judge force me to allow a DNA test on my child? [ 12 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend has been harassing me everyday since he found out I was pregnant. He is not the father we were broken up for 2 months before I got pregnant. He keeps claiming he is the father of my child. Will a judge demand me to give him a DNA test without being on the birth certificate? I do...

Can I take my child father to court to demand a DNA test [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old daughter & her 'father' is denying paternity. He was really good when she was first born but the novelty soon wore off & he denied that she was his. I told him over & over to sort a DNA test if he really thinks that but he won't. He also doesn't pay any child maintenance &...

Can a man who has not had a dna test be charged and arrested for child support evasio [ 3 Answers ]

My son has been arrested and charged with child support evasion. He was homeless for over a year and did not receive any paperwork that the mother says was sent to his last address. When he tried to renew his DL he was told that he owed 13,000.00 in child support. HE went to a hearing and was...

I want to take a dna test before I pay child support [ 2 Answers ]

Back in 2001, I was extremely stupid and sign a birth certicate for a child that I was unsure of being mines. I moved on thinking that the mother would eventually make the real father step up to the plate. I live in another state and have kids with my wife. Now I receive a notice saying I have to...

Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child [ 3 Answers ]

I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on...

View more questions Search